WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,471 Posts
Congratulations on restoring that fine old Casio. Here's the Seiko A257-5010 from March 1981. It is one of the earlier 4 button designs with most of the features we associate with lcd watches. This is my first vintage lcd in many years. I'm considering an earlier 0439-4009.

740892436_tp.jpg

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
DSCF0322.jpg

here is my ABC watch!

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'm hoping someone will post a vintage Omega Speedmaster digital (I know, sacrilege) but that is secretly one of my dream pieces. Haha

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
I've got a few vintage Soviet digitals, made in the "Elektronika" factory in Minsk, Belarus:
IMG_20140412_120326.jpg IMG_20140408_092832.jpg IMG_20140212_081514.jpg
The first one (model 5-202) is actually my most accurate (non radio-controlled) watch, keeps time to about +1s per month. The other two are not as accurate, they gain/lose about 2 minutes per month.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Nice looking Tissot. I like that big blocky case and bracelet.
thankyou John -its weight is considerable -many lcd's and led's are quite lightweight with tinny bracelets -this is a real quality piece modelled of course on the iconic Casiotron and most similar in every way

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,471 Posts
thankyou John -its weight is considerable -many lcd's and led's are quite lightweight with tinny bracelets -this is a real quality piece modelled of course on the iconic Casiotron and most similar in every way
That sense of heft without being massive is one of the features I like about many 1970's watches both digital and analog. By 1980 watch makers were downsizing all of their watches. Still nice watches but a totally different look and feel.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Gotta include these beauties...:

The gold and stainless versions.

A tool I designed for the case back, if these are worn for any period of time, the batteries will need to be changed.

One you don't see very often...:

The stable - minus a few...:

Reactions: John MS
1 - 15 of 15 Posts