WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been toying around with getting a Pathfinder, but some of the things written on this forum have confused me. I get the impression that the compass isn't that accurate. You need to remove the watch for 15 minutes to get a temperature reading. Other instruments would be chosen by members if they were actually in a situation where they needed the information.

Given the above, why get the watch? Is it just for the looks? Is it just another watch with neat-o gimmicks? HELP ME TO RATIONALIZE WHY I NEED ONE!!!!

thanks...

Fred

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I'd say the readings are pretty accurate, and as for temperature readings its the same with any watch, they have to be taken from the wrist or the body heat will affect the reading.

They are solid, accurate reasonably priced watches that meet the needs of the price you pay.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Most of the time, most people don't use the extra features on whatever they buy but it is always nice to know that you have them available just in case you need them. :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the overwhelming logic of those excellent arguments has convinced me! I guess that I really have no other choice but to save up and purchase the watch.

thanks!

Fred

·
Registered
1,835 Posts

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Well, the overwhelming logic of those excellent arguments has convinced me! I guess that I really have no other choice but to save up and purchase the watch.

thanks!

Fred
LOL, very logical reasons indeed....:-d

to be honest, I would be more interested in the 24h CDT, 24 stopwatch, plus solar, plus 5 band wave ceptor (a real novelty on casio watches !!!), than in the compass/altimeter/barometer/thermometer thing. unfortunately casio doesn't make an all black resin PAW-1300 yet, and I would black resin much prefer over the steel or titan version. usually I prefer metal a lot over plastic, but not in the case of a dedicated outdoor watch. and the green resin model won't work for me because after one day maximum I'm getting tired of that military look (one reason I wear my green mudman rather seldom)

so I guess I have to wait and hope....

regards, holger

·
Registered
747 Posts

thanks!

Fred
My PAW1400T is at my local post office today and should be with today's mail delivery. :)

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
unfortunately casio doesn't make an all black resin PAW-1300 yet, and I would black resin much prefer over the steel or titan version. usually I prefer metal a lot over plastic, but not in the case of a dedicated outdoor watch. and the green resin model won't work for me because after one day maximum I'm getting tired of that military look (one reason I wear my green mudman rather seldom)
I quite like the look of my PAW 1300 the resin strap is a subdued green but the watch itself is black and that is what you notice.

P1010263.jpg

Mitch

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
If you mean me, then too late thats my PRG80T bought with 2 months ago's food money, this months food money went on the Suunto!

If you mean the thread starter, foods overrated anyway! Beer and watches will see you through the month!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
What initially sold me on these watches were the large digital time display. Very easy on the eyes. Then, I also like that the current time is displayed in all modes. And that it is solar powered is a plus. The A/B/C is a novelty that I will hardly ever need; but is a cool feature to play around with when I am bored. :-d

·
Registered
397 Posts
Most of the time, most people don't use the extra features on whatever they buy but it is always nice to know that you have them available just in case you need them. :)
I agreed that, just in case when we need it.
When I driving interstates free way at night; I feel confident with my path finder, even in the car already have a traditional compass.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Is there a site that shows all the different versions of the Pathfinder? I think I might be interested in one, but perfer smaller watches, not the gigantic ones. IIRC, one version of the Pathfinder is smaller than the other...

·
Registered
10 Posts
pathfinder.casio.com

Click on the comaprison chart and they are all listed there.
Most of the pathfinders though are pretty big. The smallest I think?? is the 1300. I have the 1200, but I like a big watch

1 - 20 of 22 Posts