WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my notions but would rather wait until I see some of yours. :)

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,906 Posts
color of money

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
I’m sure someone will chime-in with the reasoning behind it. In the meantime, if I had to guess I’d say it probably has to do with green being very complimentary to gold. When I think “Rolex”, I tend to think “gold”....so green strikes me as the perfect color to tie it all together.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I think that's just one of their colors. If you go to the website, the branding is in green and gold. I know some special editions, like the Hulk, are in green. I think they save the green for their anniversary watches. I'm not sure where the green came from though.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
I have not read any other replies so my answer is not tainted by inference. This is one of those things that I would never even consider, very much like why is the Omega box red or the Tag Heuer dark grey to black. I probably shouldn't have said anything but am forever astounded at the things I read here.

·
Premium Member
3,377 Posts
I have it on good authority that Rolex used to cover their boxes in peat moss, but later switched to paint for economical reasons.

Seriously, I have heard it told that green and yellow- Rolex' trademark colors - as well as the crown logo, are intended to represent wealth and status.

Regards,
Alysandir

·
Premium Member
4,584 Posts
In all probability, Rolex’s marketing team used colour psychology in the packaging of their brand. Green is associated with the status for money, banking, ambition, and wealth.

Just think if they had used black, which shows strength, authority, sophistication, and elegance, to package their product. :-!

1 - 20 of 108 Posts