WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I search for watches, I always ensure my settings are set to "worldwide" and I search in "title & description" when needed.

Just by chance, when searching Google for the watch I was looking for, a link came up for the watch on eBay.it (Italy). I am located in Canada. I could not get the result to come up when I used the eBay search feature, no matter what I tried. I know that sometimes results don't appear for you if the seller won't ship to your country, but I thought the "worldwide" feature was supposed to eliminate this problem. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
A shot in the dark...check your search preferences. You may be set to only show results from certain geographic locations. That may be overriding the search.

·
Registered
291 Posts
It's really weird. I can find only one Oris but hundreds of Bell & Ross; Thousands of Hamiltons but only about 10 Omegas.

Something is wrong with eBay at this moment.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
I believe when you search "Worldwide", it means eBay expands the search beyond your own country to search every country for items where the seller is willing to ship to your country. If they haven't indicated they will ship to Canada then the items won't show up in the search.

The workaround, which I described in the thread that Citizen V mentioned above, is to do a manual worldwide search, then save the search. The saved search function will email you every result whether or not the seller has indicated they will ship to your country. It's a loophole that eBay seems to have overlooked when they started turning off items from showing up in worldwide searches recently.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts