WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Longines brochure arrived today, I had my eyes set on a master collection moon phase with blue dial but looking through the book I'm completely torn now. I've even fell in love with the Longines Spirit although the lug to lug size may be slightly larger than I could manage. My Rolex OP39mm lug to lug is 4.75cm and the spirit is 5 so it may work.
Dont think I've seen a watch manufacturer make so many beautiful pieces though that just speak to me so I'm just lost now and don't even know which one to get lol!

Rectangle Grey Font Pattern Art

Font Rectangle Electric blue Event Circle

Watch Analog watch Rectangle Clock Watch accessory

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property

·
Registered
236 Posts
Spirit IMO has a tad too long lugs, which mess it up - 1,5 to 2 mm less and proportions would look better and it would be more comfortable to wear. Keep in mind as well that the spring bars are far away from the case leaving a gap on the original strap (a bit like Nomos) - not an issue for bracelet version though and could be rectified by getting a thicker custom strap.

·
Registered
308 Posts
My vote for the Master Collection (blue dial). Just a hunch that your liking for it will be more lasting/long-term, as compared to the Spirit (black dial).
Watch Analog watch Photograph White Light Watch Analog watch Photograph White Light

·
Premium Member
39,645 Posts
I have the 40mm Spirit and love it. Super comfortable, outstanding lume, COSC spec, etc.

What's not to like.....?

IMHO, no wrong choice with any of the Longines you are looking at, so get what most appeals to you and enjoy it.

·
Registered
36,590 Posts
Blue dial for me.

Longines are really knocking it out of the park at the moment IMO, and deserve more attention on here.

·
Premium Member
33,396 Posts
@Betterthere can weigh in here
where to start?..to the OP I have a OP41 , had a OP39 and currently have the 40mm Spirit black. When the Ti nodate version appeared I now have on preorder. It's that good. as @Mediocre knows I'm always after the ultimate 3 hander field type watch. The Spirit may be it. I have 7.25 inch wrist and the l2l of almost 49 is not a problem. the back side is fairly flat and just enough curve. Strap you choose can make a big difference IMO.
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Wrist
Watch Analog watch Product Clock Font
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Wrist

1 - 20 of 33 Posts