WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Why is it when someone sells a watch they re-post sold in the sales forum sending their sold watch back to the top. This bumps other watches down that are still for sale. Why do sellers not just edit the item they are selling and put sold in the title of their thread?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Re: This drives me nuts!!

The mods really need to do something about that... It is annoying.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts

It doesn't bother me. What does bother me is when they put it in the post and not the title, therefore giving off the impression the watch is still available. I think that SOLD should always go in the title and if they want to put it in the thread, hey.. to each his own. I don't have to click on it and its pretty easy to scroll past.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Why is it when someone sells a watch they re-post sold in the sales forum sending their sold watch back to the top. This bumps other watches down that are still for sale. Why do sellers not just edit the item they are selling and put sold in the title of their thread? o| o| o| o| o|
I know what you are talking about. I must confess that I am guilty of doing that. Not now though, I learned to eedit the post without bumping it.

Sorry if any of my Sold watches contributed to your headache.:oops:

·
Premium Member
10,580 Posts

Just FYI, many here do not know that they can change the ORIGINAL title of the first post if THEY are the author of that post. You have to access the advanced editing feature and that is not as intuitive as it could be in this software. Doing so does not bump the post up and is a good way to update the thread without causing it to rise to the top.

·
Registered
3,590 Posts

You can edit the original title of the thread IF THE THREAD IS NOT TOO OLD, if it is too old then it will only change the title of the first message in the thread and the original thread title remains in the index.

-s-

·
Registered
2,585 Posts

I'm guilty!o|:-|

But I won't do it again. I think I did it once recently because I had several people waiting to buy a watch if the guy first in line decided to opt out and I didn't feel like sending a bunch of PM's after he DID buy it. Dumb really...all I need to say is "I'll get back to you if Billy Bob DOESN'T buy it". (No offense meant to any actual Billy Bobs hereabouts).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts