WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just purchased a Rolex Oyster Perpetual 36 and it came with a burgundy certification tag and a Datejust booklet. Does this seem correct?

Andre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I dont think so. It isnt the same movement. I would assume it would have a seperate booklet.

Is there any mention of the non-date OP in that booklet?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I believe it should say "oyster perpetual" over another "oyster perpetual" on the booklet. And I believe they've been using the green hang tags recently...at least my 2016 datejust came with a green hang tag. Where was it perchased?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Sounds as if it could have been part of some remaining stock of the older Oyster Perpetual with the red tags. I just checked the box my 114300 (OP 39) came in and the green booklet says Oyster Perpetual and Oyster Perpetual Date on the line under that. Mine also has the green tags. Not sure why yours would come with a Datejust booklet. Was this purchased at an authorized dealer? If it bothers you enough I'd go back and have them swap it out with a newly ordered piece.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds as if it could have been part of some remaining stock of the older Oyster Perpetual with the red tags. I just checked the box my 114300 (OP 39) came in and the green booklet says Oyster Perpetual and Oyster Perpetual Date on the line under that. Mine also has the green tags. Not sure why yours would come with a Datejust booklet. Was this purchased at an authorized dealer? If it bothers you enough I'd go back and have them swap it out with a newly ordered piece.
I purchased it pre owned. But the receipt and cards are still in the box. Purchase date April 2015

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
It's the selling dealer who 'packs' the accessories at the point of sale. Some clerk was probably so overjoyed to make the sale that day, they got distracted. Imagine the next buyer of the Datejust who got the Oyster Perpetual book. Boy, are they pissed!

It's unlikely you can source a correct booklet from Rolex. You might find some seller offering up one on the ebay/sales forum accessory market.

Absent that, you can send the watch in for Rolex service when it's time and they will pack the service brochure in with it. I'm guessing you're one of those owner's who really wants the kit, the whole kit and nothing but the kit for your own peace of mind and for eventual resale. I'd think that if you still own the watch after servicing, it will prove more valuable to a potential buyer with the service paperwork and brochure than the original instruction book. Or, you can hope that an eventual buyer won't be as picky as you.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's the selling dealer who 'packs' the accessories at the point of sale. Some clerk was probably so overjoyed to make the sale that day, they got distracted. Imagine the next buyer of the Datejust who got the Oyster Perpetual book. Boy, are they pissed!

It's unlikely you can source a correct booklet from Rolex. You might find some seller offering up one on the ebay/sales forum accessory market.

Absent that, you can send the watch in for Rolex service when it's time and they will pack the service brochure in with it. I'm guessing you're one of those owner's who really wants the kit, the whole kit and nothing but the kit for your own peace of mind and for eventual resale. I'd think that if you still own the watch after servicing, it will prove more valuable to a potential buyer with the service paperwork and brochure than the original instruction book. Or, you can hope that an eventual buyer won't be as picky as you.
Any idea what a service on an OP will set me back in the future?

·
Registered
467 Posts
I would contact the seller and see what they say if it bothers you that much.

It won't need a service for a while, so doing that now just to get the books seems a bit extreme to me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
I purchased it pre owned. But the receipt and cards are still in the box. Purchase date April 2015

If the card is dated April 2015 then you have the correct hangtag. 5 year warranty hangtags were not issued unless the card is dated after 7/1/2015. Your watch falls under the 3 year grace warranty. Your book is however incorrect for that reference.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If the card is dated April 2015 then you have the correct hangtag. 5 year warranty hangtags were not issued unless the card is dated after 7/1/2015. Your watch falls under the 3 year grace warranty. Your book is however incorrect for that reference.
Thanks so much for the response.

Could you please elaborate on "grace" warranty?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts