WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I was doing some research on my dive master 500, and the web site says; "If it does not say VICTORINOX SWISS ARMY on the dial, it is not an authentic VICTORINOX SWISS ARMY watch. Only our brand is authorized by the Swiss government to carry the name SWISS ARMY" - Victorinox Swiss Army

My watch does not say 'vitorinox swiss' on the dial but it was purchased from an AD. Does anyone have any info behind this?

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Post this question in the Tissot forums and I'm sure Sean Piper can comment on that.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Crue4 is right. They have recently (within the last couple of years) moved to adding Victorinox on the dial for stock in the US, so some of the older stock still says Swiss Army only. All new stock says Victorinox.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Yes, if your caseback has Victorinox on it you are good to go.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The brand actually is called Victorinox. Victorinox Swiss is just a naming for the overseas market. I served in Switzerland - the Swiss army knife is made by Victorinox as well as the bayonet - they only have carved in: Victorinox. Victorinox is Swiss - they don't really have to mention that.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so now it's up for sale... lol
I posted it for sale, then asked the question, probly the wrong order to do it ino|, I was curious mostly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts