WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking to add to my modest collection with my first new Swiss mechanical. Technically, I actually have a vintage Tissot 1853 Seastar 21 jewel auto, and a Swiss Legend with the controversial CL-888 swiss movement (Chinese?). I really like the look of this VSA Dive Master 500 Mecha (c-below), and am impressed with the movement (a ETA 2892-2), that was, and is still used in some higher end watch brands. My dilemma is I read and hear very mixed reviews and opinions of the brand VSA, and wanted to get feedback here from anyone more intimately familiar with them. Can you all give me the good, the bad and ugly concerning Victorinox? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
I'm not sure where your reading that but they are highly regarded, especially from people who first buy one and are amazed at the build of them. I tried on the one you want at a local AD and it is one solid tool. The fit and feel of it was perfect for my 6.5" wrist. If i had the money I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I have 3 VSA's, 2 quarts, older watches and the Ambassador XL manual, with the Unitas in it, I'm satisfied with all 3.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I love them! I have the Divemaster 500 (quartz version) and finally got the Alpnach Chrono Automatic the other day. I'm not sure why people give them a bad rap if at all but they are pretty popular for a reason. I feel the movements used are all very good too.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I was in Macy's last week and stopped to check out Ambassador Day/Date and was smitted with the design and the quality. I ordered one from a gray dealer for $300. Later that same week I put my Rolex Day/Date up for sale.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
I own one divemaster 500. Great watch quality, built and lume. You couldn't go wrong with a Victorinox diving watch if you don't want a Japanese brand but affordable decent size swiss quality diving watch. My advise, don't buy from outside retail and get from online shops. They are much much cheaper. I buy online and save $350 compare to retail. Of cos the downside is you need to wait for the shipment.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I just picked up my 2nd one today and I love them both. I'm glad they are off the radar, keeps prices down and I don't have to worry about seeing them on alot of other wrists :)

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Have several Wenger Swiss military watches, all quartz, were fantastic value for money. Not quite as high end as the Victorinox, but a lot cheaper as very good deals can be had on these as they dont seem popular either. Still manage to fit ETA quartz movments though.
Cheers
Chris

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
I have a VSA Renegade and it's a great little tough watch that can be had for <$100.

I had a Divemaster and the build quality was excellent, just a little too big for me:

VSA are pretty popular on Affordables for their price vs. performance ratio. Wenger SA watches are also well regarded, I own a few of those too and really like them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.