WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Well it came early this morning. I was looking for a watch for my wife, as she likes man sized watches, and I would only let her wear one of my g-shocks and a cheap eco-drive beater. She does have a few decent fashion watches, but she has been a bit jealous of some of my newer toys...sooo........

It was the MOP face that hit me as perfect for her, while just being cool in general.

So I researched the brand a bit more, and was glad to see John, the owner of Bathys is active on this forum. I went through most of his posts and was very impressed with a few customer service issues he took care of quickly and properly.

I also was impressed with the loyalty of previous Bathys Watch owners. Living in the tropics (Florida), I also had a great appreciation for the "aura" John is creating with the Hawaii tie-in. I doubt I will ever take a flight to Hawaii, but I get to the Florida Keys regularly, so I am in tune with the Island Flair.

As to the watch itself, the PVD looks great, smooth and very nice. The face is everything I had hoped for. As has been mentioned, very difficult to photograph properly, but I think the photo below is pretty representative.

I wish I could play with it longer, but I have to put it away till I give it to her at Christmas. If I get a chance I may check the lume tonight.

Finally, I will be putting this on a Stingray Strap (Stephen, thanks for you pics in the other thread), and will be sure to put up some pics of that combo.

John, best wishes on your company. I am glad to be part of what you are building.

Here is a quick wristshot:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Congrats Steven!!!!! |>|>|> She is one lucky lady for sure!!!!! |>|> Here is wishing her great health in wearing it. |>

You are more than welcome on the pics in the other thread....it was my pleasure.

You sure you can wait until Christmas. ;-) :-d

Stephen

·
Registered
10,604 Posts
Well done! I'm positive she'll be blown away when she opens that one. My wife loves my Bathys, but it's a bit too heavy for her. I'm anxiously awaiting the pictures and specs of the ladies version.

And it's good to know you'll be able to put on the AQ and take it for a spin every now and then. She been borrowing your watches, right? It's only fair... ;-)

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Hi Steven,

Well, of course, the real question that is on all of our minds, here, is--

How do we get on your Christmas Gift List?!? :-d

What a marvelous Christmas present to give to your wife, Steve!

You are a nice and thoughtful husband! :-!

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. She is a great Woman, Mom and Wife. I'm lucky to have her.

And of course I will steal some wrist time with the watch!!:-!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Maybe some Bathy's owners can share thier experiance, are Bathys really rugged? Shock resistant? How to they hold up to abuse? Thinking about getting one...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Bathy's is intended to be an outdoor-use watch. John designed them around the lifestyle that he has on Kauai, and the lifestyle that many people in the islands lead. the timepieces were intended to be used for sports, hiking, ocean use, etc.

I try to treat mine carefully, so I can't say I've dinged it or bumped mine other than normal desk diving.

Check out their website - there is a photo of a Bathy's in a lobster trap or something. I think that John did testing on the first round of Bathy's by putting one down in deep water for an extended period of time, and also I think he had one of his buddies go spearfishing with it, if I remember correctly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts