WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a shark tooth 2nd gen 3-4 years back but sold it to a friend who was interested. I haven't thought much about the monsters for the past few years, but I've become curious again. However, a quick glance at eBay and Amazon indicates that they are, relatively speaking, rare and expensive.

For something like a seiko diver best seller, I would expect a huge supply to cover the huge demand.

Did I miss something? Discontinued?

Thx for any info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Aren't the Gen 3 Monsters also for the JDM (not that it matters too much these days) and only over here through sellers wiling to ship overseas? The Gen 3 Monsters seemed like the end of the Monster line after a decade of variants and limited editions. Maybe they will stick around as odd limited editions like the blue SZSC003. Due to the high price and lower value compared to the previous generations, the Gen 3 Monsters did not seem to sell too well but that could have been expected so the production quantity could have been intentionally lower.

·
Registered
36,363 Posts
Big Gen. 2 fan.....lowest prices, has day & date, no cyclops plus the 4r36 movement hacks and handwinds:

SRP309

·
Registered
660 Posts
Gen 2 for me too. There are still a few of these around on the bay for not too much money. I got this with box and papers for a lot less than £200, and it's still under warranty.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
A few questions since i want to get into monsters as my next Seikos!

1. Does the Gen 2 monster come in Black Dial too
2. Whats the lug to lug length (Dont mean the lug width which is 20mm i believe)
3. Whats the reference number for the Black dial Gen 3 and approx price?

cheers

·
Registered
585 Posts

2. Whats the lug to lug length (Dont mean the lug width which is 20mm i believe)

cheers
1. Yes. The black dial Gen2 Monster is the SRP307K, or SRP307J depending on where it is made.
2. I'm away from the watch and the measuring calipers at the moment, but I'm sure someone will post the answer to this soon.
3. SBDC025

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sent from a distance, using strategically timed puffs of smoke and some slightly annoying clicking sounds.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
WUSers:
Guess I'll just have to struggle on with my 7S26 B M. A cut below the 6R15 and 4R36. That's a fact.
But still has the number one spot in my bucket list with it's shortcomings.
Luv Yew Generation 1 B M. Liked it enuff to buy a bracelet from Australia with solid end links for it.

X Traindriver Art

·
Registered
660 Posts

cheers
Lug to lug is 47mm. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
WUSers:
Guess I'll just have to struggle on with my 7S26 B M. A cut below the 6R15 and 4R36. That's a fact.
Luv Yew Generation 1 B M. Liked it enuff to buy a bracelet from Australia with solid end links for it.

X Traindriver Art
I like the Gen 1's too. Also bought a 20mm Watchadoo from Australia, which I what I assume you are referencing?

·
Registered
585 Posts
WUSers:

X Traindriver Art
I don't believe there is a direct correlation between technical superiority and personal enjoyment for certain things in life. Televisions might be an exception to this.
A Toyota Prius is technically superior, in almost every way, over a Ford Model A. However, I believe that a ride in the Model A would most certainly bring me more joy than a ride in the Prius. (maybe not in a snowstorm though)
Similarly, a first generation Nintendo Entertainment System is technically inferior to a Nintendo Wii, but there is still plenty of enjoyment to be had in playing classic games on a classic video game system. My enjoyment of the well made things that later became classics did not diminish as technology progressed.
Although mechanical watch technology continues to progress and impress, most of us do not choose to wear a mechanical watch because it represents cutting edge technology. A previous generation watch might not be as technically advanced as a new generation model, but there is certainly no less enjoyment to be found in the earlier generation.
So enjoy that Gen 1 Monster for what it is, and don't waste any time thinking of it as a struggle.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sent from a distance, using strategically timed puffs of smoke and some slightly annoying clicking sounds.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.