WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to pull the trigger on one and am starting to have second thoughts given how uncommon they seem to be compared to other Sinn models. Is there a glaring issue with them that I'm missing?

·
Registered
143 Posts
No, surely no glaring issue. The other way around: To me there is no outstanding feature that evokes enough emotion for the majority of potential buyers.
Its a perfect workhorse, lightweighted und precise but no racehorse.

Maybe there is only one very small problem (not only a EZM-9 isssue): SOME EZM-9s hands-lume ages different from the dial-lume.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I ordered one from Watchbuys last week. I agree they seem uncommon.... I researched everything I could on the watch and this is the first I've heard about the lume on the hands aging differently. Where did you see that? It could be a deal killer for me if it's true. That's the reason I sent the U1 back, splotchy lume on the hands and it didn't match the rest of the lume, my new U50 blew it away in that department.

·
Registered
662 Posts
About to pull the trigger on one and am starting to have second thoughts given how uncommon they seem to be compared to other Sinn models. Is there a glaring issue with them that I'm missing?
@Spring-Diver has one that he posts pretty frequently. You might want to message him to get his impressions.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Guys, inconsistent lume especially on hands, may be specific to an individual watch, NOT necessarily a feature of the entire model run. Just saying...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Guys, inconsistent lume especially on hands, may be specific to an individual watch, NOT necessarily a feature of the entire model run. Just saying...
I guess maybe I've been lucky? I've just never encountered that except this one time with the recent U1. I have and have had many divers from different brands (mostly Seiko) and never noticed that on any of them. This one just really stuck out with the difference. I asked Waychbuys to check it out and see if there was an issue and never heard back one way or another.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Yah I hear you.... I have a Ball Engineer Master Ii Skin-diver II which has those amazing Tritium rods... In that particular watch, the hands are way brighter and a different color (slightly) lume than the indexes... I do think however it was meant to be that way in that particular watch. So that at depth, you can clearly see the time.

BTW the lume on that Ball is so bright I have to turn the watch OVER on the nightstand else I get complains from my wife "that friggin' watch is lighting up the room!"

Haaaa

·
Registered
178 Posts
I purchased one new last year September and have no regrets. It’s an outstanding watch. The only negative I’ve heard from some...the price tag for time piece with a Sellita mvmt.
It doesn’t bother me..my watch is accurate. It’s on the larger side..but wears really comfortable because it’s so thin and light.

No issues with aging lume...but mine is only a year old.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts