WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After searching high and low for a good deal on one of these, I did find one but it was only like 30 dollars cheaper than it could be found in other Japanese retailers.

My question here is..... What makes the Men in Navy (Atomic Version) so expensive?

I remember when the 1000B and 1000G first came out. They were maybe 700 USD. I understand them going up after time because they usually do (average price right now if you can find one is around 1200 bucks), but why is the Navy one so expensive right out of the gate?

The average price out there for these right now is about 950 USD.

Granted, it's an awesome watch, but why so high?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are diamonds?

They don't have to be limited. Just appear as such.

"He's just a witness"
I tell my wife about the diamond thing all the time. That they're not rare, it's just the supply is held so much they APPEAR rare. Of course my wife wanted a huge diamond in her engagement ring. When we saw Blood Diamond I told her that she was responsible for that. She didn't think it was funny. :)

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I've been monitoring these atomic Men in Navy Frogs since pre-order. It does appear to be quite more limited then the JDM Rangeman and Muddie. At the moment, ¥80k is the best price I see. It will be interesting to see if the worldwide release has an effect on the JDM navy frog price.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been monitoring these atomic Men in Navy Frogs since pre-order. It does appear to be quite more limited then the JDM Rangeman and Muddie. At the moment, ¥80k is the best price I see. It will be interesting to see if the worldwide release has an effect on the JDM navy frog price.
Exactly. Even on ebay there are maybe 8 sellers that have them. And from what I've heard the US release will be the non atomic version.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Same here. Just can't justify the price point unless somebody knows how limited these are. The current price is certainly making it "limited".

Mr. BRONSON
I don't mind if it's limited. The only thing I won't want to where it.

I have a few other watches that are limited and some that are hard to find. To tell you the truth I don't like wearing Them Bc I don't want to scratch them. So I don't really get to enjoy them but love having them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Why is it expensive?

Well, if you had a bunch to sell, and you saw that in the past every other special edition atomic frogman increased in value over time, would you be motivated to discount the latest model? Probably not. It is just matter of how long you are willing to wait to sell it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Why is it expensive?

Well, if you had a bunch to sell, and you saw that in the past every other special edition atomic frogman increased in value over time, would you be motivated to discount the latest model? Probably not. It is just matter of how long you are willing to wait to sell it.

Exactly, all Frogmans with the exception of the standard version have very limited runs. Once they are gone, they are gone.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The GWF-1000 Frogs are still VERY easy to find and are pretty cheap (price). It seems like that model is still being produced and not at all hard to come by.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The GWF-1000 Frogs are still VERY easy to find and are pretty cheap (price). It seems like that model is still being produced and not at all hard to come by.
Still in normal production, supply is plentiful and so there are some nice discounts to be had, the suggested retail price is still high though, eg it's about £500 in the UK.

It's best to buy the limited models as soon as they are released as most Rakuten sellers offer substantial discounts if you're quick before the initial batch sell out.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts