1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
No good reason other than trolling for a sucker.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Cuz it's got that sick camo wrap, yo!

In all seriousness though, I believe it was a limited production model, part of the Master in Desert Camouflage line, and just a very popular colorway. Very high market price though considering it wasn't a collab or anniversary edition.

Reactions: Deepsea_dweller

·
Registered
11,616 Posts
My best guesses:

1.) As was already mentioned, they are just trolling and waiting for a sucker.

2.) It’s some sort of automatic pricing algorithm based on stock/inventory and/or availability from other sellers. Basically, if you come along and are willing to pay that price, they will go through the trouble of getting you one - you’d essentially be paying them to be a broker.

·
Registered
28,425 Posts
Cuz it's got that sick camo wrap, yo!

In all seriousness though, I believe it was a limited production model, part of the Master in Desert Camouflage line, and just a very popular colorway. Very high market price though considering it wasn't a collab or anniversary edition.
Oh
Yes
Another
Masterpiece ❤️

..the Mudmaster GWG-1000DC-1A5 .. in the background Hong Kong's iconic "The Repulse Bay"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Repulse_Bay

... and of course 2000 USD way way way overpriced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
12,020 Posts
It's a long discontinued 2016 variant. If you Google the reference number you'll see that it goes for between $1200 and $1700 on eBay right now. The even more highly inflated price you referenced is just a common trolling practice specialty of certain Amazon Marketplace (or whatever they call the 3rd-party sellers there these days) merchants on items that are close to being sold-out.

·
Premium Member
61,607 Posts
Just waiting for someone daft enough to buy it at that price. You don't have to look very hard to find all manner of goods on sale for silly prices.

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
Lol, that price really made me spew my coffee, especially considering I got the non-atomic version for $140.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
As others have mentioned it is a discontinued model.

If I recall correctly it was in production for a short time only, it may even have been a limited edition. It was very popular during it's production, with eBay resell prices close to or in some cases even above Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price.

I'm into my 3rd year with Casio and I'm also stunned about the price dynamics, especially regarding the limited edition models. Basically if you like a limited edition model, then grab it quickly, no matter how expensive it is, because in most cases the price will climb even higher. It appears to me that some people are able to buy, use/enjoy and then flip such watches at breakeven or even with profit. You can best gauge and 'bet' on the popularity of such watches by following forum responses here.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I think the GWG-1a looks better than the original camo version.
View attachment 13952165
I too like your version even more than the original. I my view that is how that camo should have left the factory to begin with (nothing wrong with the original, I just like the mod version better).

Actually it could be interesting to see the modified -1A and original camo side by side on the same picture.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I wanted the camo orginal ... so I decided to make one.
I too like your version even more than the original.
3rd!

Love it, thinking of doing the same and telling everyone "Oh, this is the Big Duke MudMaster ... there's only like a few on the planet and they're worth more than your house. fact."

Or maybe i'll skip the last part. Either way, looks better than the $2k version.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
EBay is a scary place I see a lot of custom GWG1000-1A3 with the camo belt being sold off as authentic GWG1000DC models...I know this because the dial doesn't have the red accents on the top left portion...and they are asking over 1k...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
EBay is a scary place I see a lot of custom GWG1000-1A3 with the camo belt being sold off as authentic GWG1000DC models...I know this because the dial doesn't have the red accents on the top left portion...and they are asking over 1k...

Wow. That is quite upsetting. I just checked and sure enough the first one that came up in my search was a modified -1A, but asking a camo price.

Given past experiences of multiple forum members of getting eBay to remove clearly fake Casios, I wonder what it would help to report this - I did anyway - I suggest others to do the same.

Item Number is: 283396103379

·
Registered
28,425 Posts
Quite a lot owners of the original GWG-1000DC-1A here on F17 although the counting thread isn't up to date. Bottom line get a nice G, if you damn like it, asap after the release, but the regular members here know that of course However, if you're late to the party and not so keen, check WUS and in particular F17 first before getting screwed somewhere else

.. and a photo of my GWG-1000DC-1A ❤️

One of the best looking G's I got

·
Registered
28,425 Posts
Wow. That is quite upsetting. I just checked and sure enough the first one that came up in my search was a modified -1A, but asking a camo price.

Given past experiences of multiple forum members of getting eBay to remove clearly fake Casios, I wonder what it would help to report this - I did anyway - I suggest others to do the same.

Item Number is: 283396103379
Thanks for the heads-up & thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
8,273 Posts

Nothing scary about ebay. I've bought many dozens of Gs on there and never once had a problem with authenticity. And the prices are normally pretty good. As long as you pay a little bit of attn to what you're buying and buy from a reputable seller - no problem at all. ;-) Now of course there are scam artists on there. But anyone who knows Gs will not be taken in by them. And for ppl new to Gs, all they have to do is be a little careful.

While on the subject of the GWG-1000DC -- I owned that one and it was great. But fyi for others, the GWG-1000-1A3 (green strap) version looks AMAZING with the camo strap!!! (no joke!!!!) Matter of fact, that model also looks very good with the yellow strap (matches yellow accents on dial), and can even work with the red strap! I believe the 1A3 MM is the most versatile one out there in terms of pairing it with other straps. Of course the black GWG is versatile too. But personally I preferred the yellow accents on the 1A3. :-!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts