WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't see many people discussing the Bond Semaster GMT. Why isn't it very popular? I tried one on and it looked really good, has a interesting complication and display back. What's not to like?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
There are just not that many around. In some places it's even hard to find. I love mine though, my first Omega (and not my last). As you say, it looks great, has a great movement and a stunning displayback to finish it.

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
It's a great watch. A good buddy of mine has been wearing one daily for a few years, now, and he loves it. The Bond GMT had applied markers and co-ax before the standard Bond, and it was reflected in the price. I think that's one reason we don't see more.

Back in 2006, the previous-generation standard Bond (ref.2531.80) was priced at $2150, whereas the GMT was $3400. $1250 is a pretty substantial difference. Now that the current-gen standard Bond (ref.2220.80) has been co-axed and given the aesthetic upgrades, the price difference has shrunk to $370, at $3650 for the GMT and $3280 for the standard Bond. Maybe, more GMTs will start showing up.

eric

·
Banned
3,251 Posts
Was a black GMT unveiled at Basel? I cannot remember. Sorry.

~JB

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Are the BOND GMT still available? Or is this another of Omega's discontinued model (they abound, these days :roll:).

Personally I like them, but I wish the small digits on the dial (the GMT digits, so to speak) were somehow on the bezel. They make the dial design seem too cluttered.

Come to think of it, I have Omega (and non Omega) chronos, Omega divers, and even Omega Quartz now. An Omega GMT would be a good idea :-! .... Hmmm.....

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Was a black GMT unveiled at Basel? I cannot remember. Sorry.

~JB
No.
Are the BOND GMT still available? Or is this another of Omega's discontinued model (they abound, these days :roll:).
Yes, it's still available.

I have to admit, though, I'm having trouble coming up with many recently discontinued models. The ref.2254.50 was recently discontinued, but it was also being replaced by the Black Bond. Other than that...?

eric

·
Banned
3,380 Posts
I think it's a great watch but falls behind the 'Great White' in collectability. Therefore, you'll typically find more threads and posts on the white dialed SeMP GMT then on the newer 'Bond GMT'. Just my theory.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Personally, the dial looked a bit cluttered. Like mentioned above, would have liked to have seen a diver elapsed + gmt bezel combination. Or just a gmt bezel in blue minus the numbers on the dial if that were the case.

Still think it is a good looking watch though.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I have to admit, though, I'm having trouble coming up with many recently discontinued models. The ref.2254.50 was recently discontinued, but it was also being replaced by the Black Bond. Other than that...?
OK, OK, you got me there :-d

I meant, rumors of many models becoming discontinued abound. I have not kept tab, but I seem to have read many 'discontinued' post in the past months.....

·
Registered
146 Posts
Gotta agree with Bluesummers. I was really considering the Bond GMT but the more I looked at it the dial seemed cluttered. This is odd because I have a Tutima GMT with the GMT numbers on the dial and I've looked at the Breitling Colt GMT which also has the GMT numbers on the dial and for some reason those dials do not seem too cluttered. Go figure.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yeah me again. Looking at the Bond GMT more just now maybe it's the combination of the skeleton hands an the GMT numbers that make it look busy. Also I think I would like it better if the GMT numbers had been oriented upright.

I'll shut up now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts