WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So earlier today my cat jumps on top of the piano and knocks down my Rolex datejust(about 4-5 feet) straight down to the hard ground. I pick it up and pull the crown out, put it back in and the watch runs for about 30 seconds, then stops...

Do you think it's a serious problem that needs parts, or will it just need a service?
thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
My bet is the hairspring got a little tangled up - worse case is the balance wheel was damaged or jumped out of the jewel

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
So earlier today my cat jumps on top of the piano and knocks down my Rolex datejust(about 4-5 feet) straight down to the hard ground. I pick it up and pull the crown out, put it back in and the watch runs for about 30 seconds, then stops...

Do you think it's a serious problem that needs parts, or will it just need a service?
thanks
Why Kitties, Why? --- Seems like you have not given your cat enough of love that you showed to your DJ that caused the jealousy.

Now the DJ needs the loving attention of RSC to fix it.

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
Ouch! You can toss a Rolex into a bowl of water, but it's not kitty rated.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
sounds like the pivot from the balance wheel is broken.
Yup. I dropped a Constellation 12" from the couch and it popped the balance jewel and hopefully hasnt been damaged beyond that. And I've dropped my DJ many many times and it never stopped. I think its all in the luck-of-the-draw. What angle it hits at and so forth. Dont be too hard on the cat.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Here's how to get the watch running again.
1. grab kitty
2. secure watch to kitty's neck
3. shake kitty until watch starts working. :-!

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
Hmmm . . . Have an automatic that you like but has a low reserve? Why buy a watch winder when you can gently strap it across kitty's belly for a few hours.

·
Registered
224 Posts
That's too bad, I hope you get it working again without too much trouble.

My dog leaves my watches alone, fortunately. I have had cats in the past though and they do have a tendency to break things.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts