WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without point out the obvious have you ever noticed that most male characters in movies always wear a watch . Wondered if theres more reasons then the obvious reasons

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think a watch can say a lot about a person. Movie markets know this and use it to help you form opinions or buffer the image of a character.

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
Why? ... The movie's producers get paid by the watch brand for the character to do so.

Reactions: Kittysafe

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Most successful men wear watches, most characters portrayed in films are successful. Additionally, watch companies pay money for product placement in films.

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Simply actors would like to when when they are getting off...when production crews take away their cellphone LOL~

·
Registered
482 Posts
why male characters always where watches in movies ?
To tell time, of course.

More than that, I think it is an accessory to the "costume." Just another way for the character to be defined. I noticed Statham wearing a Panerai in the Transporter movies and it seems like something that character would wear. Jolie wore a Tissot T-Touch with compass and barometer in the Lara Croft movies, and again, seems to reinforce the character.

Sometimes, however, the watch is just what the actor wears when he shows up. I noticed the Spencer character on Psyche wearing an Omega Planet Ocean. The character can't come close to affording that. For anybody who notices, it is very out of place. Of course, this is the same show that films in Vancouver, BC and pretends to be in Santa Barbara, CA.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Men wear watches. Men like watches more than women....Let me give you proof...I've had four wives, that's four houses,four washers,dryers,micro-waves..
You get the idea..All that I have ever gotten was my clothes,car and my watches. They got everything else! So, men like watches more..Proof.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I wouldn't necessarily say it's because of product placement. Most of the time you can't even tell what watch they're wearing.

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
To tell time, of course.

More than that, I think it is an accessory to the "costume." Just another way for the character to be defined. I noticed Statham wearing a Panerai in the Transporter movies and it seems like something that character would wear. Jolie wore a Tissot T-Touch with compass and barometer in the Lara Croft movies, and again, seems to reinforce the character.

Sometimes, however, the watch is just what the actor wears when he shows up. I noticed the Spencer character on Psyche wearing an Omega Planet Ocean. The character can't come close to affording that. For anybody who notices, it is very out of place. Of course, this is the same show that films in Vancouver, BC and pretends to be in Santa Barbara, CA.
Who knows ... Perhaps the character received it as a gift from a loved one. Or, perhaps at one time he dated a psychotic but rich girl who put him through Hell; but bought him a nice watch that he still enjoys wearing.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Don't remember very many watches in the movie "Watchmen".

1 - 20 of 22 Posts