WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Yeah... something ain't right. Mine is super bright. I can't look directly at it, even for a split second without seeing spots like Dxnnis is saying.

Is it possible it's your USB power source? Try another USB plug / transformer thingy. Or maybe it's the cord?
New one came in.

Here’s the old one on the right...

...and the new one on the left.

In other words—

Hahahahahaha. And here I assumed that’s the brightness it was supposed to be.

Thanks for setting me straight! New one set up and I have a Citizen on it now.

·
Registered
7,498 Posts
New one came in.

In other words—

You might try having the bad one replaced under warranty, since it was apparently defective when first received, then you'll be able to charge two watches at once.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Well, I got the first one like three years ago, so I wouldn’t feel comfortable trying to return it. Also, it wasn’t that dim when I got it. I mean, it wasn’t nearly as bright as the new one, but it’s been getting dimmer over time. I think I didn’t notice because it was so gradual.

On that note, here’s a photo I took of it in 2017. That’s a GW-M5610 on it, and the light didn’t have the rubber bezel thing on it. Have a cool light show!

Artsy! I’m going to give myself a 10/10 for sidetracking the original post topic.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Well, I got the first one like three years ago, so I wouldn’t feel comfortable trying to return it. Also, it wasn’t that dim when I got it. I mean, it wasn’t nearly as bright as the new one, but it’s been getting dimmer over time. I think I didn’t notice because it was so gradual.

On that note, here’s a photo I took of it in 2017. That’s a GW-M5610 on it, and the light didn’t have the rubber bezel thing on it. Have a cool light show!

Artsy! I’m going to give myself a 10/10 for sidetracking the original post topic.
Yeah... wow. Big difference. Put your light meter on the new one and tell me what you get for a reading. I'm curious.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
New one came in.

In other words—

Hi bro, where did you get it? Can you share the link if possible? Thanks

·
Registered
1,313 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
The Android app Lux Light Meter seems accurate on my Samsung galaxy s7.
Thanks GrouchoM - great idea.

I may have just installed the very same app on my S8 and get a reading of around 20,000 lux from my LED wall lamp (almost touching the bulb), which is directly above my watch case.
Around twice the light level of sunlight through a window and half that of direct sunlight outdoors.
However, whilst the intensity is enough to wake the watches and keep them ticking along, it drops to around 200 lux at that distance of just 3 feet.
The bulb has a warm white diffuser which no doubt causes such a dramatic drop-off, but it is of course designed for pleasant lounge lighting.

Obviously I have no way of knowing how accurate the readings are but any meter will show how the intensity changes, even if imperceptible to the naked eye, so I can now find optimal positions for charging, whatever the light source.

No need to dig out my old Weston light meter......not that I'd even thought to do that!

41 - 52 of 52 Posts