WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They don’t even have there own forum on here like citizen and Seiko. I think there great timepieces and should be given more respect. So everyone show off your Swiss army watch here!

·
Registered
20,370 Posts
What is a Swiss army watch??

I’ve heard of Swiss Army knives but not watches.

Reactions: Lek and NC_Hager626

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Hey OP,

I wondered that myself. I have had a few and one remains in the collection now. Victorinox/Swiss Army makes an affordable well built piece for the buck that’s for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,370 Posts
Ahh yes, a nice looking watch, but not sure there are enough of them around to justify their own forum??

Reactions: Rosarito

·
Registered
9 Posts
Victorinox, Swiss Army, Wenger - I don't know how related they all are (they seem interrelated to my admittedly uneducated eye) but they put out some great value propositions. They also have an extensive back catalogue. I just picked up one of the chronos I've been searching for for a while now and couldn't be more pleased - early pic attached below, now it's on a rally strap and looks the business. I posted another beater/weekender Wenger in the affordable watches WRUW post this morning - they're great IMO. See if you can get a subforum started - it's a reliable, affordable family of watches that's still being produced (my local shop has Victorinox in its own case alongside Oris, Hamilton, etc.).

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
If you're talking about Victorinox then it's a good brand. But other generic names like Swiss Military by Hanowa or Swiss Miltary by Chrono or Swiss Military by R have a lot less fans so it's hard to see them here.
Here you go:
swissmilitary.ch

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
They were pretty cool in the ‘90s too. I was just watching the X-Files movie and I think Mulder was wearing one. (I think he did on the TV show too.)

·
Registered
28,441 Posts
Victorinox is ok at best, IMHO. The others are nothing special to me either.

Not bad, not great, just not interested......

·
Registered
38,521 Posts

They don’t even have there own forum on here like citizen and Seiko. I think there great timepieces and should be given more respect. So everyone show off your Swiss army watch here!
:rolleyes: Tis the season about 'forums' again and it starting to pick up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
this is my first comment on this forum
I have 2 Victorinox dive watches that I enjoy
I also have as well 2 Breitling Colts, one auto, one quartz
a Seiko sports5, an Oris 7500, and a microbrand BLDR Venture
My little collection has been trimmed of expensive watches as I see no need to own another Rolex, owned 3 once, Tudor, Omega Dynamic, and a GP, im older now, so I just wear what I like
Great forum enjoy reading posts here

1 - 20 of 43 Posts