·
Registered
608 Posts
Umm...Bollywood!

Reactions: Siberian cat

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
It's a luxury..... that's like asking why would you get lobster with your filet mignon. In for a penny....

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Opinions appreciated

Personally I love gold watches. 18K YG is my favorite. As watch value goes Luxury SS watches are more popular. My most expensive watch is SS. My daily is gold.
If marketing and social media tell you it's a good idea? Or if the steel one is actually more expensive... :)

·
Registered
15,857 Posts
Came with the watch, looks good but SS would've been just fine too. . .

·
Registered
10,433 Posts
I favor diversity over monotony, so I like different colors, different metals, bracelets AND (a variety of) straps--gold is attractive, but I also like bronze, brass, SS.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Because my steel watch wasn't a heavy enough brass knuckle when I'm fighting a thief?

Sorry, I lied. No one tried to steal my TAG. 🤣

·
Premium Member
13,052 Posts
Many possible reasons

Anticorrosion and hypoallergenic properties

Appearance

A change vs the SS norm

Specifically in luxury watches it ensures more liquid value regardless of the market

If you are Jason Bourne, a gold watch is going to fetch more cash when you are in a tight spot in Prague and need quick cash

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Also, it's worth pointing out that different case colors pair better with different skin tones.

I've heard 'cooler with cooler and warmer with warmer' but that's not strict.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Because it's gold.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I miss having a gold watch. I'm thinking my next watch might be gold. I like the look. I like the feel. I like the warmth it portrays. I also like that it has a bit more decadence than steel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Opinions appreciated

Personally I love gold watches. 18K YG is my favorite. As watch value goes Luxury SS watches are more popular. My most expensive watch is SS. My daily is gold.
I agree with you 100%. Call slowly wears and develops a patina that is specific to your life. You can appreciate in value but that’s not really the reasonTo have a gold watch.

My wife wears my late father’s gold Datejusr daily, and I wear an SS Royal Oak Offshore

Sent on time using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Gold has a deep, rich color that adds another option to a collection. Though I know the differences among my ss watches with black or white dials, on-the-wrist, it looks like I own two watches.

·
Registered
28,852 Posts
A question I have been asking for the last 40 years.

Still not quite got there, but I am more appreciative of a gold case on a nice brown leather.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Why? I guess when you become poor, you can melt the watch to get the gold back.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts