WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why on web are so many fake tissot wacthes?
Why not longines or certina? Tissot comes to be a king of fakos. Not to good for brand
Do you have any explain for it?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Maybe Tissot is growing more popular? I haven't gone out looking for fake watches however I don't know if any brand is (or even will be) faked as much as Rolex...

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Why on web are so many fake tissot wacthes?
Why not longines or certina? Tissot comes to be a king of fakos. Not to good for brand
Do you have any explain for it?
I'm guessing you have not heard of Panerai or Rolex?

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Tissot is an old and respected Swiss watchmaker, and has some very popular pieces like the PRC200 and Le Locle models, which are high sellers for Tissot, so the faker **** jump on the bandwagon!!

As said though.........the amount of faked Tissots pales into insignificance compared to how many fake Rolexes there are out there!!

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I heard about rolex but if we talk about panerai i didn't see to much fake with panerai logo on dial. But the point is that i never had seen fake doxa, davosa, epos. This is only example. There are some brand witch are more often counterfeit then the others.

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Maybe they are just easy to copy,and very popular with lots of different models,and i do believe Tissot is on top of the list for most copied watches.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Perhaps its a demographic thing as well. Tissot's generally speaking are amongst the more affordable quality swiss watches you can find. That being the case it might attract the bargain hunters or people who don't have an entire fortune to spend on a quality time piece (like me). This is probably the perfect demographic to hit at for fakes.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
I don't get it, the price difference between a fake Rolex and a real one is huge. its not such a massive difference for a fake and real Tissot.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I don't get it, the price difference between a fake Rolex and a real one is huge. its not such a massive difference for a fake and real Tissot.
That would be because you are hard pressed to find a Tissot marketed above $5,000 USD. Most go for under 1,000, and with heavy discounts on top of that. Based on this alone, if there were as big of a price difference between a fake and real Tissot as there is with Rolex, they would have to pay us to take the watch!

Additionally though, if you want a high quality counterfeit Rolex, from what I understand you can shell out as much as 300-400 USD. That puts it in *real* Tissots price realm. And the fakes that are made of Tissots are pretty nice, using automatic movements etc, very close to the real thing. There is probably not a drastic price difference between manufacturing a fake Rolex and a fake Tissot. Even the counterfeiters have to make a profit.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I will say this time and time again... the main reason why people KNOWINGLY buy and use counterfeit merchandise (handbags, sports jerseys, watches, designer clothing, etc...) is because they want to fool the general population into thinking that they've got money. They're only fooling themselves and all of the other lowlifes who knowingly sport counterfeit items. WAKE UP PEOPLE! If the deal sounds way too good to be true, 99.875% of the time the item being offered is COUNTERFEIT! There is NO WAY that you're going to get a $8,000.00 watch or a $100.00 polo shirt or a $1,000.00 handbag for PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR!

·
Registered
980 Posts
If it's the sheer volume of fakes being made or sold or worn, the brand that comes to my mind is Rolex because the peddlers can bank on the large price difference between the real Rolex and the Folex. Plus being famous, Rolex is more likely on the mind of every poser out there.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
PRC 200 is heavily counterfeit becos it a very atractive swiss time piece

1 - 13 of 13 Posts