WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be useful to follow-up my video review with some comparison data on why the Pathfinder PAW-1300 on strap is better than any G-Shock I have owned:

-- gigantic display always easy to read
-- compass, altimeter, barometer
-- alti and baro are highly-configurable
-- can record altimeter changes over time, cool
-- rubber strap far surpasses the average G-Strap. The notch at end of strap prevents strap from slipping out of keeper. It stays put
-- though it has pie-plate looks, it is lightweight and thin-cased
-- it has a “virtual” seconds hand that ticks around the perimeter
-- it has the holy grail of 24-hr countdown timer and 24-hr stopwatch and current time is visible in these modes. CDT and stopwatch displays are huge
-- it has taken the same abuse I dish out to my 200m G-Shocks w/o incident. I have recently been pushing buttons underwater as well, no probs

video review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwPrHYsyPRA

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Quick question....does the regular time show on-screen when you are in world-time mode? (please say no, as I REALLY don't need another watcho|)

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
DON'T PUSH THOSE BUTTONS UNDERWATER FREEDIVER. You know that's a big no no! :)

Was that you who did that video review? That was better than any watch commercial I've ever seen!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quick question....does the regular time show on-screen when you are in world-time mode? (please say no, as I REALLY don't need another watcho|)
yes, regular time displays in world time, stopwatch, timer, and alarm modes. sweet

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
The sequence where you get the kid (your daughter) to start typing at the computer was AWESOME. I loved it. Well done. Seriously, that'd be a great Casio commercial.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The sequence where you get the kid (your daughter) to start typing at the computer was AWESOME. I loved it. Well done. Seriously, that'd be a great Casio commercial.
thx, we got it in three takes ;-)

as you and others know, I do time my kids on the computer. they have their own Gs and they always say: "I'm timing myself, you don't have to" but they never pay attention to the alarm!

·
Registered
627 Posts
What is the difference between the paw1300t and paw1300? Is the ti strap the only difference? What are the cases made of on each model? Screw back?

THanks,

_ Chad

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Double props. First - for making a post like this on the G-Shock forum where a little criticism might be likely. Second - the vid is excellent. Interesting musical choices. Reminds me...do you like DBT?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts