WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why was my post about a fraudulent auction deleted?

Posts warning about fraudulent auctions are specifically allowed in the forum rules.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The auction I referenced in the deleted post now has bids totaling $10,000 on three fake Rolexes with three days remaining.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
I know nothing about this matter but I do think a moderator should answer your legitimate question.

·
Premium Member
8,889 Posts
First: stated policy is, they don't explain their reasons for deleting posts.

As to why? A link to an auction of fake watches is, itself, a discussion of fakes, and even a promotion of them, given that you're linking to an auction. That's an absolute no-no. Note that they seem to have read that you meant it as a warning...because you didn't get a warning. But it's still a no-no.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,112 Posts
Why was my post about a fraudulent auction deleted?

Posts warning about fraudulent auctions are specifically allowed in the forum rules.
Why was your query about your deleted post posted to the general forum instead of being addressed to the moderator concerned?

If you want an answer from a moderator, then contact a moderator. Broadcasting it to the forum as a protest is not the most productive approach.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the replies, it makes some sense now.

Why was your query about your deleted post posted to the general forum instead of being addressed to the moderator concerned?

If you want an answer from a moderator, then contact a moderator. Broadcasting it to the forum as a protest is not the most productive approach.
In my almost 500 posts I've never had to contact a moderator and didn't even know it was an option. Mea culpa.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts