WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Because there's a great variety of styles outside the G-Shock line in series such as Edifice. Also, for some situations when a bulky digital watch G-Shock is too inconvenient and you still want a digital on your wrist, you would most likely end up with another Casio.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
383 Posts

Why get one? Nostalgia. This was cutting edge back in 1986. Got one cause I liked it and have positive memories attached to it.

Also, Casio has always been a cutting edge technology company. They are genuine. They are true to themselves. They’ve never made a mechanical watch and never will. If you’re a tech nerd, just embrace it. Casio is the perfect watch for tech nerds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
For looks.

People buy bracelets when they buy watches. Being able to tell the time approximately is a bonus.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts

Why get one? Nostalgia. This was cutting edge back in 1986. Got one cause I liked it and have positive memories attached to it.

Also, Casio has always been a cutting edge technology company. They are genuine. They are true to themselves. They’ve never made a mechanical watch and never will. If you’re a tech nerd, just embrace it. Casio is the perfect watch for tech nerds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
exactly...I have a few old calculator/Data Bank Casio watches and love them!

Speaking of which - anyone here from Brazil that would be willing to help me get a old vintage Casio band? I found one that looks like the one I'm trying to replace but the only place I found one is Brazil and they won't ship to the US.

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Maybe you aren’t very familiar with the Casio line, but they make watches very different from g-shocks. The Oceanus line - very sporty and somewhat dressy watches, hi-tech, usually titanium, much smaller/thinner than Gs generally. The Protrek line - triple sensor watches, usually a lot slimmer than Gs, very large readable displays, but no rubber/resin bezels like you normally find on Gs, for the most part. The Edifice line - also sporty, quite different from Gs. Search some of these lines on Ebay - you might be surprised at the variety of models.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I don’t know about others but I sometimes wear regular non Gs in office just so I wouldn’t be reminded of the exciting life that I could have outside. Just like wearing a hardcore trekking boots walking on office carpet simply makes me depressed :)

1 - 20 of 68 Posts