WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all fairly new here but wanted to share my latest pick up!!!

I don’t know much about Oris history but have been hearing lots of great things about Oris. So my search began with the Divers 65 and it became a main stay on my list of watches to check out possibly own. Then went to the Aquis which had a more modern look than the 65 but was a bit more business casual than divers. Not that it mattered as I really wore what I like.

Anyways so the wife had seen that I had been ooogling over Oris watches the past 6 months and decided to surprise me with one.

She choose the Oris Artix GMT! Honestly I like it a lot as it’s different than some of my other watches. But I feel like I haven’t heard much about the Artix line and feel they are highly underrated. Has a modern look with the sleek silver dial and nice red highlights in the GMT arrow and the unique seconds counter.

But anyways just wanted to share and would appreciate the best watch communities thoughts on the Artix line or this piece itself.

Started to think of maybe upgrading the strap but unsure if it’s really needed. It’s just so nice!Only catch is that the wife’s deal was I can’t wear it till Christmas, so I will just be a happy kid waiting by the tree. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi all fairly new here but wanted to share my latest pick up!!!

I don’t know much about Oris history but have been hearing lots of great things about Oris. So my search began with the Divers 65 and it became a main stay on my list of watches to check out possibly own. Then went to the Aquis which had a more modern look than the 65 but was a bit more business casual than divers. Not that it mattered as I really wore what I like.

Anyways so the wife had seen that I had been ooogling over Oris watches the past 6 months and decided to surprise me with one.

She choose the Oris Artix GMT! Honestly I like it a lot as it’s different than some of my other watches. But I feel like I haven’t heard much about the Artix line and feel they are highly underrated. Has a modern look with the sleek silver dial and nice red highlights in the GMT arrow and the unique seconds counter.

But anyways just wanted to share and would appreciate the best watch communities thoughts on the Artix line or this piece itself.

Started to think of maybe upgrading the strap but unsure if it’s really needed. It’s just so nice!Only catch is that the wife’s deal was I can’t wear it till Christmas, so I will just be a happy kid waiting by the tree. Haha

Amazing watch, one of the most confortable leather straps i've used.

Enjoy and Congrats!

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
It does not seem to bear any similarities to my Artix Complication. A quick search reveals not every site refers to this as part of the Artix range, including Oris themselves. It is in the Audi Sport range some places, and Artix GT in others. I might have to dig out some catalogues for clarification.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Amazing watch, one of the most confortable leather straps i've used.

Enjoy and Congrats!

Thanks and I must agree that the leather strap is quite comfortable! Do you own this exact model?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It does not seem to bear any similarities to my Artix Complication. A quick search reveals not every site refers to this as part of the Artix range, including Oris themselves. It is in the Audi Sport range some places, and Artix GT in others. I might have to dig out some catalogues for clarification.

Jay, I appreciate this info!! I am curious to know where exactly this model falls. Just out of curiosity how long have you owned the Complication? Things you like or dislike about the watch and the brand?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Jay, I appreciate this info!! I am curious to know where exactly this model falls. Just out of curiosity how long have you owned the Complication? Things you like or dislike about the watch and the brand?

I’ve had the Artix around 1 year. Love the brand. I also have a Divers 65 in Deauville Blue and a BC3.
The Artix originally scratched my Moonphase itch, but now competes with a Longines Master Complication Moonphase which currently gets more wrist time. I might try to sell the Artix.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks and I must agree that the leather strap is quite comfortable! Do you own this exact model?

Hi,

I own thw Artix GT Day-Date which has this same strap. Also the Artix Complication, which is a more "classic" watch, but a really nice piece too. Oris make really nices watches.

Some pics of my Artix's.

·
Registered
69 Posts

Hi,

I own the Artix Complication for about one year, and honestly im very satisfy with it. Its very comfortable and good looking, with a relative "complicated" movement (not a Leap Year or Perpetual Calendar, but does a great job) and the best is the price. You can find this watch for a very reasonable price, which is what i appreciate from Oris. The make great watches at a fair price.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi,

I own thw Artix GT Day-Date which has this same strap. Also the Artix Complication, which is a more "classic" watch, but a really nice piece too. Oris make really nices watches.

Some pics of my Artix's.

Thanks for sharing Nelson! Those are some beautiful looking watches!! I am digging the classic Complication!! Your GT definitely looks pretty similar to the one my wife got me.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I’ve had the Artix around 1 year. Love the brand. I also have a Divers 65 in Deauville Blue and a BC3.
The Artix originally scratched my Moonphase itch, but now competes with a Longines Master Complication Moonphase which currently gets more wrist time. I might try to sell the Artix.

Thanks for sharing Jay! The divers 65 was the one that initially caught my eye. I still want to own one in the future. Haha if you do end up selling the Complication please let me know. I would like to see if I can add it to my collection as it’s definitely a gorgeous watch

·
Registered
269 Posts

There are Artix models in both the Culture, and the Motor Sports collections. My Artix GT Chronograph is from the Motor Sport collection, but there are a couple of Artix models in the Culture collection that I have my eye on (if only my wallet would agree!).

·
Registered
339 Posts
Sorry I'm late to this thread... but OP, your wife did a wonderful thing! My wife bought me a Tag F1, and I love the watch, but I love the fact that she bought it for me even more. I think Men get shafted sometimes in the gift department. I mean we buy expensive diamond engagement rings... then the wedding registry is full of stuff men don't need. Then we have birthday, Christmas, Anniversary, and Valentine's day we usually go to the jewelry store for. I like gifts and I love my wife... but sometimes a new grilling apron for my birthday isn't exactly what I was hoping for. So when someone special in your life steps up and gives you a freakin Oris... They just scored big time! Congrats on your new Oris and congrats on having a wife that thinks highly of you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts