WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm at the airshow two weeks ago with my kids and I see a few pilots and alot of soldiers on base wearing these watches that say G-Shock on them. I get home and pop G-Shock into google and WOW tough watch nice price.

So two weeks and four G-Shock watches later I'm proudly wearing my Mudman out on a Costco trip with the wife and we get out of the car and she looks down and says "Why are you wearing that cheap looking watch?" My pride taking a hit I begin to tell her about it being worn on shuttle missons, frozen, kicked ,slammed etc.

Well she asks to see it again and said it looks like a watch out of a box of Cpt. Crunch and maybe thats how it got into the space shuttle . Dohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Oh well I'm very happy with my G-Shocks and plan on getting many many more.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Haha, well I guess you can't please them all :)

Welcome to WUS!

·
Registered
717 Posts
That sounds all too familiar. My wife says mine look like something I got out of vending machine. I just told her what your wife said about Cap'n Crunch and she's greatly amused!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Solution: This will be very hard... pay attention for a couple of weeks to her clothing/shoe/handbag... etc. whatever she buys for herself. When she asked for your approval reply with "Why are you wearing that cheap looking [wife item]?" For a coup de grace ask if she saw them on Oprah.

Result: If your lucky, you get to sleep on a cot in your own garage! Repeat as necessary until your manly bits toughen up. ;-)

Alternate solution: Find a pic of her favorite actor wearing a G. Worth a try, nothing to lose.

Welcome. We've all been there. Probably even some of the ladies here too.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Not a problem.

You tell her 'hey listen I just like the look but eh you're right they suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure are el cheapo watcho'.

That way she has no problem when you own 50 of 'em and there's a weekly/daily delivery of more.

·
Registered
885 Posts
how does your watch feel about your wife?

Reactions: kurzjak

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome messages :) Took the wife to dinner tonight and wore my 9052-1V, she told me she likes the watch much better since I took the red buttons off. So now I wonder how much she will like me when she finds out it's not the same watch :-s

Reactions: got6ponies

·
Registered
994 Posts
Solution: This will be very hard... pay attention for a couple of weeks to her clothing/shoe/handbag... etc. whatever she buys for herself. When she asked for your approval reply with "Why are you wearing that cheap looking [wife item]?" For a coup de grace ask if she saw them on Oprah.

Result: If your lucky, you get to sleep on a cot in your own garage! Repeat as necessary until your manly bits toughen up. ;-)

Alternate solution: Find a pic of her favorite actor wearing a G. Worth a try, nothing to lose.

Welcome. We've all been there. Probably even some of the ladies here too.
If my husband said anything was "cheap" with regard to me, I believe it would require use of my marble rolling pin.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
A G Shock compared to many other watches out there = Cheap.

Loving your G, reading this forum, ALWAYS looking for/getting your next G = Anything BUT cheap!!!

And the next time she asks why you're wearing that "cheap looking watch," tell her she's right and let her pick out the perfect Frog for you!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
If my husband said anything was "cheap" with regard to me, I believe it would require use of my marble rolling pin.
Welcome to Canada: Coast-to-coast we have hockey season followed by a short mosquito season. All love here is tough-love! Our survival in this frozen tundra depends on it. (BTW: resin straps at -35C... way better than a metal bracelet |>)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
my usual response is "it gets the job done most effectively without having to sacrifice a lot" And if she thinks it's cheap, I let her think that it's actually cheap. I pretend that it's 10-15 dollars. It allows me to buy more and let the collection grow

·
Registered
833 Posts
This thread cracks me up and makes me appreciate my wife all the more. She likes the watches it's all the computer stuff she hates. Can't win them all. Every time she wants me to box up some computer stuff to get rid of I just tell right after she boxes up some clothes. That's normally the end of the conversation.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
But of course you are not a wife who will hate her husband's G-Shock, so anything even remotely like that will never happen ;-)

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
I had that problem before, and what I did was this: "Honey you're right, it's a cheap watch, so for Xmas I want you to get me this EXPENSIVE one"
I showed her which one I wanted and I got an Omega SMP. Of course I keep buying G's, I'll never stop doing it. I went to the movies to watch Fast Five and I pointed out several G's in the movie to her, of course she was amazed, so it's all cool now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts