WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been into watches for some time now. Always pointing out various wrists in the wild and trying to explain complications and various movements to my wife. She knows I'm on this site a lot (even if I don't frequently post) as she hears me snickering across the room- then trying to explain something that only a WIS would find funny. She takes it all in stride and I can tell the topics are of no interest to her. A few days ago we were passing time in the mall and I said I wanted to quickly pop in Mayors to see (once again) the Polar Explorer II. She said it looked good on me and gave me the "maybe someday". --- by the way they are offering 30% off omegas there, see the post about that in the Omega forum if interested.

Anyway. Fast forward to two days later to last night. We were on a date night at Berns in tampa (iconic place worth a visit) when she popped a green box on the table. Inside was the polar explorer II I have been lusting after. Turns out she really was listening and paying attention to all my dribble about watches.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Wow, that's pretty amazing. Congratulations on a beautiful watch and an awesome wife. Look forward to seeing it in the wruw thread. The 216570 is stunning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Congrats!

I'm starting to get a little jealous now... In the past few days, I've read wives buying husbands a Rollie, Speedy, and Zenith.

TEACH ME!!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Congrats mate! A couple that buys watches together always stays together....that is my take....nice watch there......congrats again!

Reactions: Dedhed

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
There's that old saying: Happy wife, happy life. :) Congrats!

·
Moderator Public Forum
10,714 Posts
You've got a real special one there, and the watch is very nice too.

Enjoy and wear your Polar in the very best of health.

"Liquid crystals on his watch catch rays, of morning peaking through.." -Ladytron

·
Registered
549 Posts
Wow, I would bet many people on this forum's wives have a very ignorant view of the actual cost of the watches we so desperately desire. Unfortunately, you are doing alot of house duty for atleast 12 months! "Keep that one, she's a breeder!"

·
Banned
91 Posts
Congrats, my wife is the same way. Wish you and your watch plus wife the best. Just don't forget about the wife because you may be staring and cleaning your new watch every 5min. Lol

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,479 Posts
Fab watch and obviously a fab wife too.
Your a lucky Guy.....but you already know that! ;-)

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
What's the opposite of that ??? ;-)
Happy husband, cheating happened?

on the serious note: Huge congrats! Lovely Polar EXP and even more lovely wife!

received my first Panerai from the misses last year as well, happiest day of the year.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts