WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I just got a Seiko SRP 587 (Mohawk) and have a question- is it normal for the crown to be a bit wiggly when unscrewed? Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
Yes

All my Seiko SKX divers have a wiggly crown(back in 2002 when I got my first Seiko diver, it scared the crap out of me and I thought it was broken. It is normal on most seiko divers

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Can't say if it's normal for your specific model, but many watches with screw down crowns have a slight wiggle when it is unscrewed and fully extended. I wouldn't worry about it

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Wiggle in Seiko screw down crowns is part of the deal. I would guess it has something to do with the seals used to keep water out and their tolerances to a good fit within the case. Jmho.
Kevin

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, everyone! Y'all put my mind at ease :) I really really like the watch, and was loathe to part with it to have it checked out.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Crown on the 1000m Tunas is rock solid, if that's what you're looking for.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I posted a references for those in the future who were in the same position as me going from solid swiss crown to more wiggly Japanese crowns...it's just a differences in the design. My sbgv245 scared me until I saw the Seiko crown and stem assembly. Perfectly normal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts