WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am researching a 1911 photograph that contains a pocket watch with "Wigwam Watch" printed on its face. I have attached a detail showing the watch. The photograph was taken in Montreal, Canada. This name does not show up on any Google or Ebay searches.

I would appreciate any information anyone can provide regarding this watch -- either from the name or the image. Could it possibly be a child's watch?

Thanks, Aurele

Attachments

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
I haven't heard of them either, sorry. The photo doesn't give enough detail to identify whether it's a ladies watch or mens.
Just a thought - maybe Wigwam was a brand used by Waterbury Watch Co. Not sure at all about this.

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Wouldn't it be uncharacteristic for a woman's watch to have a fob?

Maybe something else in the rest of the photo can give you some scale so you can better determine the size.

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Women would have a fancier looking fob more like a brooch, it's true.
If the fob is as big as my "Lima steamshovel" one, then it's likely a man's 16S watch. The case looks pretty masculine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are my size estimations:

Watch diameter: 1.85 inches
Fob medallion diameter: 1.25 inches
Fob strap length: 3.5 inches

I'm not sure of the material of the strap -- either leather or some kind of thick velvet? I should have a more high res scan of the original negative (an 8x10 inch glass plate) in a few days.

Aurele

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
OK that would probably be a man's watch then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts