WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've trawled all over this section of the forum looking at ideas and honestly I've confused myself even more... I've picked some nice leather nato's previously that I think match some of the other black faced chrono's I have but this one is proving harder due to the relatively modern / tech looking face on it - the usual options don't seem to be working. Maybe it needs something a lot more 'out there'... yellow or red leather? Black Nylon nato with coloured stripe?

The Seiko requires a monster 26mm wide band... so my options are a bit limited compared with the usual selection.

The beast!
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

·
Vendor
3,086 Posts
Re: I need a wild (and massive) band / strap to fit this Seiko D.D.... any ideas?

If you didn't want to go as extreme as a yellow strap, a nice golden brown/tan should accent the dial nicely. Add in some PVD hardware and a leather NATO should look great on that watch!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: I need a wild (and massive) band / strap to fit this Seiko D.D.... any ideas?

Thanks Runaque, I'd hadn't found that style yet - I don't mind it - but it has in turn led me to the rest of the luminox bands and there are some cool cucumbers in that lot...
C&B - I'll take a second look at the deeper tan colours, I was thinking it might look odd with the techy face on a classic looking band?

What do you guys think of these options? The lighter tan could look pretty striking (hopefully in a good way!)...

Buckle Tan Strap Belt Watch accessory

Strap Buckle Watch accessory Fashion accessory Hardware accessory

Reactions: GTR83

·
Vendor
3,086 Posts

That color tan is what I had in mind. The contrast looks great with PVD watches, and it should tie in with the yellow accents nicely. The grey looks great too for less contrast.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

thanks for the input guys!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

that would definitely work, but I think I'm leaning towards leather at this point... thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep it in mind for one of my other wrist wrappers.

·
Registered
865 Posts

In the Seiko sub-forum there ws a picture of an individual who had two thin 12mm leather straps on his 24mm lug watch. With all the stitching it made it look quite massive.

I haven't really looked as thin straps as my largest watch is 22mm lug, but that could be an option for your situation.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

end result.... (panatime band found on ebay)

Watch Analog watch Wrist Watch accessory Fashion accessory

Reactions: chirs1211 and GTR83

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
+1 on the tan leather by Luminox. It is highly contrasted to the case color scheme and will make the watch stand out more. I've been looking for a strap with that color myself...

Edit: so you've found the ideal strap... That Panatime looks killah! Is it water resistant?

Regards,
George

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheers! I don't think it's water resistant with the strap being sueded leather (can you do that?). I've got a bunch of bangers I wear for diving, riding etc that are on more durable bands for those purposes. I wore it with the rubber strap for a while and found it no where near as bad as I expected (I've hated rubber straps previously), so I can always swap back easy enough. I think I really wanted a massive strap for the collection - one thing I did find was with the epic thickness of the band the leather needs shaping and it effectively makes the band shorter to the point I can't get the loose tail to get to the second loop after the clasp!

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
It should work for this one too then... Also a Velatura with 26mm lugs. I already have the Seiko rubber strap and bracelet for it so for water related activities I'm covered too.

Regards,
George

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
George I think the same band would def work on your Seiko's face, but I reckon black or dark grey would look even tougher. And let's face it, that is a TOUGH looking watch!

I also found I could slip (OK, push, prod and pull) the second floating keeper loop over the stitched in one on the back of the band so the short tail is now held quite neatly when done up. Sweet!

Wrist Hand Technology Finger Electronic device

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion kursed! If there's anything I haven't tried on my dive watches, it's a (strangely) black or grey leather strap. Not sure how I feel about the Pre-V buckle though, I do like oversized watches but a bit doubtful on oversized buckles. I'm glad I found this thread.

Regards,
George

·
Vendor
3,086 Posts
George I think the same band would def work on your Seiko's face, but I reckon black or dark grey would look even tougher. And let's face it, that is a TOUGH looking watch!

I also found I could slip (OK, push, prod and pull) the second floating keeper loop over the stitched in one on the back of the band so the short tail is now held quite neatly when done up. Sweet!
Next time remove the strap, and then remove the buckle. You can easily move the floating keeper to the other side of the fixed keeper that way, without stretching it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ah bugger. That makes a lot more sense :) thanks for that

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Looks good! :-!

I chose a similar Panatime (24mm "Vintage Golden Pilot") for my PVD Seiko.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Reactions: kursed

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That looks great! What is the function of the piece above the crown on that seiko? I haven't seen that before...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts