WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would really like to have a screwback and I think that the reissues seem like a good way to go. Is a 5600 reissue something that may be coming in the future, or is that just wishful thinking? Sorry if this is an obvious question or has been talked about already.

·
7,481 Posts
I would really like to have a screwback and I think that the reissues seem like a good way to go. Is a 5600 reissue something that may be coming in the future, or is that just wishful thinking? Sorry if this is an obvious question or has been talked about already.
You could do what I did....I bought an Ocean Grey and swapped bezel and bands with 5600E got a nice 25th anniversary gold screwback in the 5600 design with the black bezel :-!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly I am not a huge fan of the neg display or the mirror display. Call me boring but I think the normal positive display is the most functional and best looking.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
You could look for a DW-5000 series. If you find one in a style you don't like, you can swap the band/bezel. My DW-5000D-8DR looks like this:

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Honestly I am not a huge fan of the neg display or the mirror display. Call me boring but I think the normal positive display is the most functional and best looking.

The good news is the reissue DW-5000's that are coming out share the same case dimensions as the current basic model DW-5600E. The other good news is that they share the same module, the 1545. If you like you could even swap this module out to get as close as you can to a 5600 reissue with a steel case. About the only thing left that won't be very "5600-ish" is the text area around the digital display...and I have a project in mind that'll be working on that bit as well. b-)

I'm hoping that after the 25th anniversary is over that Casio will release a 5600C reissue. Afterall they did similar models after the 20th anniv., so I'm crossing my fingers (and still plan to do the project to make my own:-d )

Kev

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I'm hoping that after the 25th anniversary is over that Casio will release a 5600C reissue. Afterall they did similar models after the 20th anniv., so I'm crossing my fingers (and still plan to do the project to make my own:-d )

Kev
Maybe a 26th Anniversay dw-5626C?:-d

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses!! I like Topher's grey 5000. I think it would look decent with black bezel and strap too. :-!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts