WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm very happy with it. My 2 gripes are (1) the date is so small it's not use-able for my 46-yr old eyes and (2) the case presents a completely flat side which makes it hard for shirt cuffs to glide smoothly over it. Not huge issues for a diver.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hello, all!
So, it's been a year (+6 days) since the last post on this thread.
Apparently, I'm the newest WUS member to join the DSub1 owners club (No. 86) and have been wondering exactly about the bracelet. Does anybody here know anything about it? Just checked Damasko's website, and cannot find any info regarding a bracelet to fit the DSub1 (actually, any of the DSub's).
Cheers!

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,687 Posts
Hello, all!
Apparently, I'm the newest WUS member to join the DSub1 owners club (No. 86) and have been wondering exactly about the bracelet. Does anybody here know anything about it? Just checked Damasko's website, and cannot find any info regarding a bracelet to fit the DSub1 (actually, any of the DSub's).
Cheers!
There‘s no info on Damasko’s website or IG or FB and there’s no bracelet.

·
Registered
301 Posts
There‘s no info on Damasko’s website or IG or FB and there’s no bracelet.
Thanks...so I guess we'll just have to keep on waiting. I wonder if someone has had any success fitting an aftermarket bracelet with curved end-links to the DSub1...

Regards

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hello, all!
Cheers!
The only thing I know is that they are "working on it", no details, no specific dates.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I emailed them in the middle of the year last year and they told me that they were working on it and to follow up with them at the end of the year. When I contacted them at the end of the year they said they weren't able to complete the bracelet project in 2018 as they had hoped to do and will continue to work on it and hopefully release it sometime in 2019. That's the only info I was able to get from them. They could have released it a long time ago if they were just going to use the same 22mm bracelet they have on other models (+ new end links and made from submarine steel), so I would guess that they are designing a different clasp system/diver extension since it's a dive watch. That's the only explanation I can think of for the delay and it makes sense.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I emailed them in the middle of the year last year and they told me that they were working on it and to follow up with them at the end of the year. When I contacted them at the end of the year they said they weren't able to complete the bracelet project in 2018 as they had hoped to do and will continue to work on it and hopefully release it sometime in 2019. That's the only info I was able to get from them. They could have released it a long time ago if they were just going to use the same 22mm bracelet they have on other models (+ new end links and made from submarine steel), so I would guess that they are designing a different clasp system/diver extension since it's a dive watch. That's the only explanation I can think of for the delay and it makes sense.
Thanks for your input. I would agree with you that it would seem like they embarked themselves into designing a totally new bracelet for the DSub line, but it's taking them rather long. I guess Damasko is serious enough so that we can take them for their word (i.e. they are really working on it, not just saying they are). I do hope it will fit the DSub1 Gnomon Exclusive once it comes out.

Cheers!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I do hope it will fit the DSub1 Gnomon Exclusive once it comes out.

Cheers!

When I asked them I specifically mentioned the DSub1 as that's the one I've got. I think they're making one for DSub1 and 2/3, but don't know for sure. I don't see why they wouldn't. All three models have a 22mm lug width so it'd only require different end pieces depending on which model you have since the Sub1 has a different case than the Sub2/3.

·
Registered
301 Posts
When I asked them I specifically mentioned the DSub1 as that's the one I've got. I think they're making one for DSub1 and 2/3, but don't know for sure. I don't see why they wouldn't. All three models have a 22mm lug width so it'd only require different end pieces depending on which model you have since the Sub1 has a different case than the Sub2/3.
Sounds absolutely right and gives me some hope.
Being the DSub1 kind of a "forgotten child" (have still to find any official Damasko communication on it...like a mention on their webpage, or a catalogue) I keep fearing they'll leave it out of the design.

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,687 Posts
Sounds absolutely right and gives me some hope.
Being the DSub1 kind of a "forgotten child" (have still to find any official Damasko communication on it...like a mention on their webpage, or a catalogue) I keep fearing they'll leave it out of the design.
You can‘t find the DSub1 in any Damasko catalogue or on their website because the DSub1 was exclusivly made for Gnomon, exclusively promoted by Gnomon, sold exclusively by Gnomon. Catalogue currently mentions the DSub2/3 and a DSub4 is in the pipeline, black dial afaik.

·
Registered
301 Posts
You can‘t find the DSub1 in any Damasko catalogue or on their website because the DSub1 was exclusivly made for Gnomon, exclusively promoted by Gnomon, sold exclusively by Gnomon. Catalogue currently mentions the DSub2/3 and a DSub4 is in the pipeline, black dial afaik.
Thanks, Mike.

Yes, I know the DSub1 is a Gnomon exclusive. But it's still a watch made by (and branded) Damasko...I just find it "funny" that they never mention it. I mean, the DSub1 could appear at their catalog, with all the specifications and technical data, stating it was/is a model made exclusively for Gnomon. I've encountered some not so "in-the-know" people who think Gnomon's DSub1 must be a fake, since there's no mention of it anywhere coming directly from Damasko themselves.

Anyhow, really looking forward to that DSub bracelet. I love the DSub1, but would really enjoy wearing it on a bracelet.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I know this thread is a couple years old but here is my response from Damasko yesterday. I emailed asking about a dsub bracelet and this is what they said:

Hello Craig,

Thank you for your email.

A bracelet is definitely planned but we consider we wont be able to realize the project this year.

Please follow up at the end of the year perhaps we will know more.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Sergiu Onita

·
Registered
902 Posts
Slightly off topic, but I saw this in the Damasko owners group on FB. This person made their own bracelet to suit! By their own admission, not a perfect fit, but it looks damn good to me.

2AD9CF78-FE5B-452A-A757-4C686F5D108B.jpeg
0CD8669B-9DAF-49AE-B6BC-7E70E1E2B3B4.png
52201604-719F-4A14-B061-316536954CB2.png

·
Registered
301 Posts
I know this thread is a couple years old but here is my response from Damasko yesterday. I emailed asking about a dsub bracelet and this is what they said:

Hello Craig,

Thank you for your email.

A bracelet is definitely planned but we consider we wont be able to realize the project this year.

Please follow up at the end of the year perhaps we will know more.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Sergiu Onita
For what it's worth, I got the exact same reply by Mr. Onita (who, I must say, was super nice to deal with and extremely helpful when dealing with a warranty issue regarding the bezel of my Dsub1) 2 years ago... Hopefully they'll manage to get it done sometime soon. The watch absolutely needs a matching bracelet.

Got rid of mine some months ago.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Damasko could make their own lives easier and their bracelets a lot more saleable if they made a universal end-link for them - just a simple straight end that would fit any watch, even other brands like Sinn.

Personally I would prefer it, as I'm not 100% convinced the style of the existing integrated end links suits the watches perfectly - not that it stops me wearing mine!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Damasko could make their own lives easier and their bracelets a lot more saleable if they made a universal end-link for them - just a simple straight end that would fit any watch, even other brands like Sinn.

Personally I would prefer it, as I'm not 100% convinced the style of the existing integrated end links suits the watches perfectly - not that it stops me wearing mine!
I agree, but I think that's not the case with the DSub line hypothetical bracelet. In this case, I think Damasko will use the same material as the case: "submarine steel" and they would need to add some kind of a "wetsuit extension" and an appropriate clasp. Not a huge task, but I guess the DSub is not among their top sellers, so not a priority.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I agree, but I think that's not the case with the DSub line hypothetical bracelet. In this case, I think Damasko will use the same material as the case: "submarine steel" and they would need to add some kind of a "wetsuit extension" and an appropriate clasp. Not a huge task, but I guess the DSub is not among their top sellers, so not a priority.
Yes, indeed, you're quire right. I was coming at it from the POV of someone who likes divers watches, but has never dived!

I do wonder if the wait will end soon, simply because the whole DSub range has been pulled from Damasko's website recently and I believe are to be replaced fairly soon - releasing a new bracelet at the same time would be quite a coup.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts