WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have these two Tag Heuer watches:

Now I'm considering a Sub or possibly a GMT Master II.

I love the feel of the Tag's on my wrist, very heavy feeling. Will I get the same satisfaction from the Rolex? I don't like the feel of a lighweight watch.

Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
36,937 Posts
If weight is your sole criteria for satisfaction, you'll be fine. If history, reputation, build quality and design execution are additional criteria, you'll be ecstatic.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
IMO, you will feel the same weight from a Rolex Sub that you feel with your Tags. Rolex GMT-Master II will feel just a tid bit lighter. But as CMsgt Bo stated earlier, quality, history, & reputation are some nice little extra's...

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
it's not light, but neither is it heavy. when compared to my Marathon SAR on bracelet, my sub date FEELS roughly half the weight, although it's probably not that much lighter. it took a little getting used to the weight of my sub when i first got it because i had been wearing my SAR 24/7 for so long.

·
DOXA Forum Moderator
5,729 Posts

I love the feel of the Tag's on my wrist, very heavy feeling. Will I get the same satisfaction from the Rolex? I don't like the feel of a lighweight watch.

Thanks in advance!
Some think the last generation Subs and GMTs are light. If you want weight, get a late generation Sub or GMT, with a ceramic bezel and solid bracelet.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have to say I find the Sub and the original Seadweller quite light on the wrist compared to my Omega Planet Ocean (and the 42mm version at that). The Sub weighs about 120-130g, the PO about 180g. You could factor this into your calculation. The Sub wears that light it disappears on the wrist for me, which I like.
If you want weight, the DSSD is over 200g of course...

·
Banned
189 Posts
If you are talking about the 16610 sub then yes it is a light watch IMO, i also have the gmt IIC and that is a heavier watch.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts

Thanks in advance!
can you let us know the weight of your 2 Tags in grams?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I don't have the weight of them, but I stopped by an AD yesterday and tried on a Sub. It felt decently heavy, and I think I will be happy with it.

Also tried the DSSD, and it was way too big for my wrist.

Now I just have to convince myself to spend that much money on a watch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts