WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
happy if i buy a new ss black dial daytona? i got a call out of the blue today from my AD (wasn't even interested in getting one).

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
happy if i buy a new ss black dial daytona? i got a call out of the blue today from my AD (wasn't even interested in getting one).
Nope: if you were really a daytona nut, that call would have sent you screaming at the top of your lungs into the car and over to the AD. Since that didn't happen, you should take a pass and find something that really rings your bell.
DW

·
4,403 Posts
I agree with, Dave.
I have passed on two Daytonas in the recent years, both black dials. I would like to add one at some point, but the timing for a such a purchase simply was not right for me. When it comes to watch buying I am an extreme pragmatist. I had a grail, (a 1675,) and eventually got one, but the Daytona, especially the modern ones, were never my grail. Were it my grail, my answer would be different.

There is no crime in not buying a watch at retail. And, unless you really want one, I can't spending that type of coin on one period.

·
4,403 Posts
on a side note Strela: when is it ever or never the right timing to buy a watch? didn't understand that.
Are you being ironic?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you being ironic?
not ironic, just wondering about the "timing" aspect, which seems to me an odd statement if you "want" a watch. I can understand if someone didn't have the cash available to purchase when the watch was available, but have a hard time understanding if "timing" was emotionly dependent. that's just me, though.

i haven't worn the watch yet, b/c my dang insurance company hasn't replied back that they've added it to my policy.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
not ironic, just wondering about the "timing" aspect, which seems to me an odd statement if you "want" a watch. I can understand if someone didn't have the cash available to purchase when the watch was available, but have a hard time understanding if "timing" was emotionly dependent. that's just me, though.

i haven't worn the watch yet, b/c my dang insurance company hasn't replied back that they've added it to my policy.
so you are asking a bunch of online people if you'd haapy after you spent the money on a Daytona.....?

congrats btw - as for the timing, its difficult to say reall...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it was rhetorical..just wanted to draw people to comment how great i was and wax poetics over the daytona

1 - 9 of 9 Posts