WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at grabbing a Marine Auto non-date - if I just convert the price from euros to dollars is that what I can expect to pay in total?

·
Premium Member
38,754 Posts
Where are you buying from? You should check your own country’s customs website.

I think the Stowa website automatically detects your location and tells you the price in your own currency. That’s how much you pay Stowa.

What you pay your own country’s taxes isn’t calculated by Stowa.

·
Moderator at Large
52,758 Posts
Where are you buying from? You should check your own country’s customs website.

I think the Stowa website automatically detects your location and tells you the price in your own currency. That’s how much you pay Stowa.

What you pay your own country’s taxes isn’t calculated by Stowa.
Correct, on check out Stowa automatically deduct 19% tax (soon the tax rate will be 16%, a goverment gift as a spending stimulus after the lockdown).

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
I am in the USA and have purchased 4 watches from Stowa in the last 10 years. Prices ranged from about $600 to a bit over $1000. Customs charged by FedEx ranged from nothing on the low end to $28 on the high end.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
If you’re in the US, then yes, you will probably have to pay a customs fee. When I got my Stowa Antea (maybe 6 years ago) I received a bill in the mail later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Both of my Stowas were shipped to me FedEx and a few weeks later FedEx sent me an invoice for customs duties. I recall it was about $35 for my $900 Marine automatic.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I didn't get hit with anything from FedEx when purchasing a MO shipped to the US last year. May have just been luck though.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts