WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Omega vs Rolez

Status
Not open for further replies.
541 - 560 of 2792 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,142 Posts
True that Rolex brand awareness is unbeatable and the market is driven by the poor losers, poorest poor losers on credit, country clubbers and used cars salesperson (so no one in this forum), making Rolex business easier than others.
So pretty much the same market segment as Omega is targeting?

·
Premium Member
24,142 Posts
I went to try one on, really wanting to love it (not the ceramic version), and it sat so high on the wrist I just could not get over it.
As I've mentioned before, a hockey puck is 76mm in diameter and 25mm in thickness, i.e., a thickness that is 32.9% of its diameter. In contrast, the Planet Ocean 8500 45.5mm is 45.5mm in diameter and 16.9mm in thickness, i.e., a thickness that is 37.1% of its diameter, so the PO 8500 is proportionately thicker than the hockey puck.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I haven't been so entertained by a thread as this in a long time.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
So pretty much the same market segment as Omega is targeting?
Yes, Omega, Cartier and others.... it's not just regarding watches, several luxury businesses, cars, tourism, have high dependency on persons that rationally speaking can't afford the products but are buying them anyway.... although this market segment must be bigger on the Rolex case due to the much higher brand image... it's clear that someone compromising other life needs for an expensive watch in order to get social cred will do it for a Rolex instead of something less recognizable.... stereotypes don't happen without a reason

·
Registered
286 Posts
The love of watches and the status they provide is clearly irrational...but we love them anyway we pay for them anyway...those of us with the addiction..
It's clear to see that once stricken with the wis bug we spend up to and often beyond our means on a watch ...this is why watches can run into the millions of pounds/ $ and watch brands wait eagerly to relieve us of our cash/credit.
Brand perception is what we are paying for with rolex and omega talk of oyster cases and co axial movements is just the way we excuse it and try and rationalise it...
To conclude rolex is a more desirable brand than omega And it's hard to see that changing anytime soon while rolex stick to classic designs and robust movements while omega try to create a new grail

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
One can dream of Rolex and Omega collaborating to make one ultimate diver for charity, Limited edition could be the most collected watches of all time.

it would look like this stunner

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Invicta are the only brand to recognise potential of such a magic union.

Invicta offer cutting edge quality comparable & beyond even Rolex.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
To be fair, if the Omega's new 2016 planet oceans are anything to go by I think they are failing at this miserably
Omegas new PO's with META certified master co-axials are just as good as any sub sea dweller 4000......not everyone likes the block square case of rolexes subs and 40mm diameter.....

maybe Omega should have went off the board and get super creative like Rolex and stick a ceramic bezel on the speedy pro.....people would lose their minds.......

you can thank Omega for Rolex releasing a new movement.......Omega keeps pushing the envelope.......

Omega is already as good as Rolex but people just want the NAME in Rolex......

does anyone ever notice that ROLEX only impresses those NOT in the know???????? WIS are no more impressed by Rolex than GS IWC OMEGA etc.....just saying

·
Premium Member
7,748 Posts
Omegas new PO's with META certified master co-axials are just as good as any sub sea dweller 4000......not everyone likes the block square case of rolexes subs and 40mm diameter.....

maybe Omega should have went off the board and get super creative like Rolex and stick a ceramic bezel on the speedy pro.....people would lose their minds.......

you can thank Omega for Rolex releasing a new movement.......Omega keeps pushing the envelope.......

Omega is already as good as Rolex but people just want the NAME in Rolex......

does anyone ever notice that ROLEX only impresses those NOT in the know???????? WIS are no more impressed by Rolex than GS IWC OMEGA etc.....just saying
Sure, while Omega has a technically superior watch in the new PO's, design-wise, it's an utter mess. I love Omega, owned several Omega watches, but the original PO2500 still wins.

Will Omega be as good as Rolex? Some will argue that they technically already are better. But when Rolex is virtually synonymous with the word "watch", it's hard to beat.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
As I sit and ponder how we can attain a 100 pages of horological enlightenment, it has occurred to me...perhaps the wrong question is being asked and answered.
I think what we should really be asking ourselves is whether Rolex or Omega will ever be as good as Stauer?
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Product

Mr. Bigshot rolled up in a roaring high-performance Italian sports car, dropping attitude like his $22,000 watch made it okay for him to be rude. That's when I decided to roll up my sleeves and teach him a lesson.
"Nice watch," I said, pointing to his and holding up mine. He nodded like we belonged to the same club. We did, but he literally paid 100 times more for his membership. Bigshot bragged about his five figure purchase, a luxury heavyweight from the titan of high-priced timepieces. I told him that mine was the Stauer Corso, a 27-jewel automatic classic. And just like that, the man was at a loss for words.
Think of Stauer as the "Robin Hood of Watchmakers." We believe everyone deserves a watch of uncompromising precision, impressive performance and the most elegant styling. You deserve a watch that can hold its own against the luxury classics for a fraction of the price. You'll feel the quality as soon as you put it on your wrist. This is an expertly- crafted time machine... not a cry for attention.
Wear a mechanical masterpiece! We surveyed our customers. As intelligent, high net worth individuals, they have outgrown the need to show off. They have nothing to prove; they already proved it. They want superb quality and astonishing value. And that's exactly what we deliver.
The Stauer Corso is proof that the worth of a watch doesn't depend on the size of its price tag. Our factory spent over $40 million on Swiss-made machinery to insure the highest quality parts. Each timepiece takes six months and over 200 individual precision parts to create the complex assembly. Peer through the exhibition back to see the 27-jeweled automatic movement in action and you'll understand why we can only offer the Corso in a limited edition.

Our specialty is vintage automatic movements. The Corso is driven by a self-winding design, inspired by a 1923 patent. Your watch will never need batteries. Every second of power is generated by the movement of your body. The blue dial features a trio of date complications including a graphic day/night display. The Corso secures with a two-toned stainless steel bracelet and is water-resistant to 3 ATMs.

Reactions: Ticonderoga

·
Premium Member
9,785 Posts
Reactions: Watchdudeman

·
Premium Member
24,142 Posts
Peer through the exhibition back to see the 27-jeweled automatic movement in action and you'll understand why we can only offer the Corso in a limited edition.
This is that amazing 27-jeweled automatic movement...

Wheel Auto part Tire Automotive tire Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Sure, while Omega has a technically superior watch in the new PO's, design-wise, it's an utter mess. I love Omega, owned several Omega watches, but the original PO2500 still wins.

Will Omega be as good as Rolex? Some will argue that they technically already are better. But when Rolex is virtually synonymous with the word "watch", it's hard to beat.
I don't disagree overall, however I for one think the new PO's are incredible and much nicer than Rolexes SD4000, SUB offerings......that said...I too much prefer the 2500PO as its the original...a classic in the making......and obviously 'thinner'........

Omega keeps pushing the bar and Rolex has answered the bell...this is a good thing......

interesting your comment on rolex being synonymous with the word watch because it is so true.....but is this really what determines a better watch these days??perception???......sadly it seems for many this is true....

again...i will say it.....Rolex only impresses those NOT in the know......WIS know better.......

Im in it for the watch...the facts.....I love me some Rolex for their history and reliability and quality.....not because of its 'perception'........Omega is pepsi Rolex is Coke....yeah...its that close.....

·
Premium Member
4,183 Posts
I don't disagree overall, however I for one think the new PO's are incredible and much nicer than Rolexes SD4000, SUB offerings......that said...I too much prefer the 2500PO as its the original...a classic in the making......and obviously 'thinner'........

Omega keeps pushing the bar and Rolex has answered the bell...this is a good thing......

interesting your comment on rolex being synonymous with the word watch because it is so true.....but is this really what determines a better watch these days??perception???......sadly it seems for many this is true....

again...i will say it.....Rolex only impresses those NOT in the know......WIS know better.......

Im in it for the watch...the facts.....I love me some Rolex for their history and reliability and quality.....not because of its 'perception'........Omega is pepsi Rolex is Coke....yeah...its that close.....
Speak for yourself. I'm pretty impressed with the new movements and designs coming out of Rolex. I guess I'm not a WIS like you.

·
Premium Member
24,142 Posts

WIS know that if you go beyond the baggage of perception, Rolex makes robust, reliable, well-made watches with timeless designs that are extremely wearable. For a WIS, wearing a Rolex indicates that you don't really care what others think of your watch, and you're confident in your ability to recognize and appreciate quality.

541 - 560 of 2792 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.