WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IF I were to purchase a 2018 seamaster bracelet, would it fit on the 212.30.41.20.01.003 series seamaster?

Also, does anyone happen to know the serial/reference number for the new 2018 seamaster bracelet?

Thanks!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody have an answer to this?

I believe the sales reps at official Omega Boutiques are not allowed to help and/or answer this question directly

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My guess is no, it won’t be a perfect fit since the case size changed.

Cam
Right I know that the new case is 1mm larger but but the new seamaster is still using 20mm lugs and bracelets

I'm surprised no one has tried this yet or has a definitive answer

·
Registered
162 Posts
I expect it will fit, but will not look right, as the end links will be too tall where they meet the case. However, if this turns out to be an issue, you might be able to change just the end links.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Right I know that the new case is 1mm larger but but the new seamaster is still using 20mm lugs and bracelets

By logic, or by geometry, if two circles have different diameter, they have different circumference; if two different bracelets have the end-link perfectly and tightly fitting one circle per each, then each end-link will have a different arch, each one fitting a different circumference; so by logic and geometry the answer is NO.
I don't know if it's true in reality.

·
Registered
48 Posts

By logic, or by geometry, if two circles have different diameter, they have different circumference; if two different bracelets have the end-link perfectly and tightly fitting one circle per each, then each end-link will have a different arch, each one fitting a different circumference; so by logic and geometry the answer is NO.

·
Registered
162 Posts
That's a great point. I hadn't considered the change in watch diameter. Again, this might be curable by changing the end links. The question is whether the end links are interchangeable.

I suspect the only way to find out is to try it. OP - please report back.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I expect it will fit, but will not look right, as the end links will be too tall where they meet the case. However, if this turns out to be an issue, you might be able to change just the end links.
The end links changed from male to female, so I don’t believe the 2018 bracelet would be compatible with the older end links.

Cam

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The end links changed from male to female, so I don’t believe the 2018 bracelet would be compatible with the older end links.

Cam
Good point.

I'm going to visit the NYC Omega Boutique today so we will see what they say

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
on different cases in the past, same lug width
where the holes are in the lugs as in how far out they are changed, the end links and as such changed the bracelet application and end pieces
I have mounted a few different lugs and found the dimension between the end piece and the case can be an issue on finding vintage properly fitting bracelets
some were close enough to deal with

·
Registered
48 Posts
on different cases in the past, same lug width
where the holes are in the lugs as in how far out they are changed, the end links and as such changed the bracelet application and end pieces
I have mounted a few different lugs and found the dimension between the end piece and the case can be an issue on finding vintage properly fitting bracelets
some were close enough to deal with
yes but, did the cases have the same diameter?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes! It fits perfectly. Just a hair’s difference in where the edges of the bracelet meet the bottom of the lugs. It actually fits more snug than the old style bracelet that was meant for it. Go figure.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Wow, pretty cool that it fits so well!

I gotta say I’m on the fence for the look. The change in endlinks resulting in that flat drop off takes away from the flowing lines of the case. I feel like the original bracelet works better also because it is a bit thinner and matches the relative thickness of the case whereas the newer SMPs are all a couple mm thicker - warranting the heftier bracelet.

That’s just my aesthetic though - if it works for you and you like it then that’s great!!

My 2220.80 says hello wearing a freshly refinished and polished bracelet:

·
Registered
4 Posts

I gotta say I’m on the fence for the look. The change in endlinks resulting in that flat drop off takes away from the flowing lines of the case. I feel like the original bracelet works better also because it is a bit thinner and matches the relative thickness of the case whereas the newer SMPs are all a couple mm thicker - warranting the heftier bracelet.

That’s just my aesthetic though - if it works for you and you like it then that’s great!!

My 2220.80 says hello wearing a freshly refinished and polished bracelet:

Wow, that looks brand new from Omega. I love the Brosnan era divers. To me the difference in the bracelet is negligible and doesn’t bother me, I sold the old style bracelet and never looked back. I like the better clasp and micro adjustment feature. This also fits the new Omega rubber straps as well.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes! It fits perfectly. Just a hair’s difference in where the edges of the bracelet meet the bottom of the lugs. It actually fits more snug than the old style bracelet that was meant for it. Go figure.
Very cool, thanks for sharing, so this is the bracelet that goes with the 42mm 2018+ seamaster right? and it has micro adjustable clasp?

You make a very good point about the end links and that too is the first thing I noticed!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts