WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently aquired a Lum Tec M1 Chrono.. I'm looking for a summer style strap, something that will be a good contrast.. I know this might sound a bit off. But I'm of mixed eithnicity, and the first strap i bought was a honey brown color, online it looked great, but in person it was too close to my complexion, and was almost hard to notice the strap because it was literally the exact tone as my wrist, so I wanted something to contrast my complexion, and most of all match the watch.. Here is a photo of the watch with the stainless bracelet, and another photo of the strap I want to order..

6681d692-1.jpg

380_watchstrap_Sn-LC-221-beige-Uhrenarmband.jpg

·
Registered
120 Posts
for me. blue dial watches look great on tan or brown straps, i think your choice is real nice. a lovely watch as well.

·
Registered
15,173 Posts
Check this. b-)

I recently aquired a Lum Tec M1 Chrono.. I'm looking for a summer style strap, something that will be a good contrast.. I know this might sound a bit off. But I'm of mixed eithnicity,
Aren't we all. :-!

...so I wanted something to contrast my complexion, and most of all match the watch.. Here is a photo of the watch with the stainless bracelet, and another photo of the strap I want to order..

View attachment 659911

View attachment 659914

I am super picky when it comes to matching strap - color/texture - to watch.
I have probably like 8:1 ratio of straps to watches.
The one you've picked out will probably look very nice. I can't tell if the dial is blue as someone implied, or black - it looks black to me.
If black, it's a lot easier to work with, and that strap should work fine.
If blue, then you're gonna need to fly me out to wherever you are for a private consultation. :-d
I will bring a selection from my vast collection. Every shade difference can do something different for a watch.
Heck, now I am sounding like the Avon Lady trying peddle eye shadows. :-d

But, as a recent thread suggested (and failed miserably), you wanna watch that's gonna be a "lady magnet" know waddamsayin? :-!
That means THE PERFECT strap color. Ladies dig a man who is totally color coordinated. :-!... o|

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
OT: Chronoplis is right - we are all mutts and we should be proud of it! (recent discovery that Europeans and Asians are 3-5% Neanderthal, and Polynesian/Australians 4-6% Denisovian.)

Having said that: just like clothing, the tone of leather can contrast well or poorly with your skin. You'll have to be the judge. I once gave a tan t-shirt to a friend of mine who is half-Indian half-Swiss, and the shirt made his skin look orange. My wife has honey-colored skin, and olive green really clashes with her coloring. Sometimes if a strap color is too close to the skin tone, the differences can look odd, other times the subtle contrasts are excellent. When in doubt, try swatches - it may sound girly but it might save money on straps. Me? I avoid summer colors - they make me look like a beached dolphin covered in birthday ribbons. ;-)

Reactions: Chronopolis

·
Registered
521 Posts
recent discovery that Europeans and Asians are 3-5% Neanderthal, and Polynesian/Australians 4-6% Denisovian.
Explains why I have to trim my fur to see my watch. I always blamed my Cro-Mag mother.

·
Registered
15,173 Posts
OT: Chronoplis is right - we are all mutts and we should be proud of it! (recent discovery that Europeans and Asians are 3-5% Neanderthal, and Polynesian/Australians 4-6% Denisovian.)
David Icke sez: 0.01% are reptile! All reptile! No mixing. What's to not believe?
And...
I did not know that Mr. Denissov went around to those parts to sow his wild oats.
When does he have time to make watches then?

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Definitely the right style, and I think the color fits perfectly with the watch. Good compromise on keeping the Lum-Tec over a Steinhart as well;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts