WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My military-style field watch comes in an interchangeable leather strap that is 16mm. I want to change to a NATO strap but as you all know 16mm is an uncommon size. So do you think 18mm will work?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could probably jam it in there but I wouldn't recommend it. There is a decent selection of 16mm straps out there. We've got about 12 colors ourselves.
Oh hi there. I was browsing C&B yesterday looking for a strap for the watch I'm referring to. You have a very nice collection of NATO straps but unfortunately the ones I wanted were all 18mm. Which is why I thought of asking this question.

We've got a selection of 16mm too and with PVD Black hardware !! ;-)
Will check your website out!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the opposite question. I'm looking for a NATO style strap in 24mm, but have not found the color combination I'm looking for in that size. Has anyone gone DOWN in size, and how did that work for you?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the opposite question. I'm looking for a NATO style strap in 24mm, but have not found the color combination I'm looking for in that size. Has anyone gone DOWN in size, and how did that work for you?
Yes it's fine.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
I personally will not pull a wider nato strap through a smaller lug, nor will I put smaller nato strap on wider lug. But if I had to choose between the two, I'd go with jamming wider strap to smaller lug. Smaller strap leaves gap that is annoying to look at.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts