WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Tried running a search but no luck. My apologies if the topic has been covered before. I recently purchased a Sinn UX Sansibar as a stable mate for my U1. The U1 has the bracelet and the UX came on the rubber. I tried fitting the bracelet from the U1 to the UX. One side went in with a little hesitation (more so than when installing on the U1) and the 12 o' clock side didn't want to fit at all. My question is whether or not any of you guys have had success with this or if I should just stick to these guys on their original appointments. I'm cool either way! Thanks in advance for the info.

-Benny

·
Moderator German Watches Forum
6,032 Posts
Hi Benny,

I am a little surprised at that. Is the oil fill plug flush? I suggest you
try putting the bracelet on the wrong way to see if you can isolate
the missing fit. Sometimes it feels like those spring bars don't want
to compress on one end.

Thanks,
rationaltime

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
37,832 Posts
That is odd since the U1, U2 and UX all use the same bracelet and end links. I once bought a Marathon SAR bracelet that didn't fit my SAR. I had a watchmaker (Jack from IWW) elongate the holes in the end links until it fit snugly. He chalked it up to manufacturing tolerance variances.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's where I'm at.

First pic illustrates the 12 0' clock side of the UX with the attempted end link fitment between the lugs. As you can see, I can't place (or can just barely place) one side between the lugs while securing a single side of the spring bar.

Photo two shows the same strategy applied to the U1. As you can see, the spring bar clears the lug perfectly allowing me to squeeze the opposing end under it's lug. The end link quickly locks in place.

I'm not too worried about it. If I can't swap the bracelet to the UX it's no big deal. I think these look great on just about anything anyway.

·
Moderator German Watches Forum
6,032 Posts
The end link in the photo looks misaligned by the spring bar.

Try this. Get the spring bars and bracelet out of the way.
Drop the end links in from below, like this, and see why the
will holes line up on the "6" side and not on the "12" side.

Sinn_U1_with_end_link_800.JPG

The U1 end links are labeled "1010". Could someone with a UX
purchased with bracelet look to see the labeling on the end links?

Sinn_U1_1010_end_link.JPG

Thanks,
rationaltime

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good news. Finally got the bracelet on the UX. I only got this watch yesterday and may have been overly cautious to not forcefully install the U1 bracelet. It was undeniably more difficult and tedious to get the deed done on the UX than installing the same bracelet on the U1 but it's in there. Anyway, I suppose this means the bracelets are universal between the U1, U2, and UX.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts