WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
He posted a ad on here a few weeks back. We came to a trade deal. My brand new diver - new used for his Landmonster.

He sent me his ebay ID reference.

Then we both posted.

His tracking number is nonsense.

My watch will be with him by now.

He has never got back in touch - via emails or PMs. Says he is a US marine (he must be so proud of himself) so i wondered if he was away. Then i noticed he was on here 2 days ago.

So the first time in 20 odd years - and i have been scammed by a low life con man. And I aint happy.

So everyone else stay clear.

Just noticed that he is now no longer a registered user on ebay - likens31..

The fact that he is in the USMC means I have a way to get in touch - but just wanted to warn others

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
Re: William Likens - WLikens32 - just stole my watch !!!

Why do you think he is telling the truth about being a Marine when he lied about everything else?

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
I'm sorry bro. Really. I'm in the middle of my first trade now, and I am thankful that I had the foresight to set up more than a few safeguards to protect myself. He knows I'm serious bc I sent him some funds, and I know he's serious because he's sending the watch first. I also have a decent enough rep that he trusts me. So that worked out quite well.

I hope you catch the SOB and get your watch back. I assume you have his name and address? Maybe you can file a police report in his jurisdiction.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Sent via Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Yeah - he probably lied about been a Marine too. I have his address and now his phone number - if anyone wants it let me know - urge anyone to stay well clear.

I am in the UK - do you think its worth reporting him?

·
Banned
7,819 Posts

Using an Escrow service might just stop/avoid this sort of horrible thing happening

Who would you want to be reporting him to Barry ?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

Just to let others know - i have had 5 people contact me now who were in the middle of doing deals with this guy.Seems he is rather active. All but one of these thought there was something dodgy going on but 2 were about to finalise the deal - and not just Seikos either - one was a Rolex. This guy has stole a £120 watch from me - if i had had this info on him i wouldn't have done the trade obviously .

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
William Likens - ex Marine - now a watch thief

Stay clear of a guy called William Liken from USA.

He posted an ad on another forum quite a few weeks back. We came to a trade deal. My brand new diver - new used for his Landmonster.

He sent me his ebay ID reference.

Then we both posted watches

His tracking number is nonsense. No sign of his watch.

He has tried selling my watch

He has never got back in touch - via emails or PMs.

Says he is a US marine (he must be so proud of himself) so i wondered if he was away. Then i noticed he was on at least 2 forums 2 days ago.

His myspace page is here.http://www.myspace.com/batmanforever1980

I have asked the employer - now Marquette Transportation if he still works there but no answer

His details are:

William Likens

605 4th Street
Opp, Al., 36467
334-764-4041

[email protected] yahoo.com

So the first time in 20 odd years - and i have been scammed by a low life con man. And I aint happy.

So everyone else stay clear.

He is now no longer a registered user on ebay - likens31

I have now had 7 or 8 other guys who says he his trying similar things to them - some are Rolex, Omegas and Seikos - probably others.
He is also using alias's.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Old Scammer With A New Handle - William Likens aka redbird33 aka WLikens32 - BEWARE

Dear All,

Do not transact with redbird33 aka William Likens. I took a plunge and bought from a new member (something which I never did). I bought his posted Citizen Ecozilla and completed the transaction last May 1. He sent a USPS tracking number which up to this day is untrackable

Here is his For Sale post of his Ecozilla:
https://www.watchuseek.com/f29/wts-citizen-ecozilla-854693.html

I send him PMs daily and he informs me that it is still in customs in Florida but that is impossible. 11 days and tracking number does not show up in the USPS tracking system? Ludicrous. After I felt some uncertainty, I checked his paypal name and got the shock of my life. He has previously scammed another member, BarryW. Please see link below:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f63/william-likens-wlikens32-just-stole-my-watch-734960.html

I have filed a dispute in PayPal and they have ruled in my favor. However, I do not know if he has enough funds to refund my payment. He can just ignore the decision and cancel his account while creating a new one to scam others.

Now I noticed that he is offering a lot of his watches for sale. And some have been sold. I do hope that the buyers have done their due dilligence, unlike me. Here are his other posts:

Rolex Explorer:
https://www.watchuseek.com/f29/fsot-rolex14270-explorer-857063.html

Omega Bracelet:
https://www.watchuseek.com/f319/fs-omega-smp-bracelet-857466.html

Omega Bond SMP:
https://www.watchuseek.com/f31/wtt-omega-bond-smp-859500.html

I hope I get my money back. If not, at least I exposed his activities in the forum.

Please beware.

Best regards.

Jun Cajayon

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Old Scammer With A New Handle - William Likens aka redbird33 aka WLikens32 - BEWARE

So he is back active his is. I suggest that you report him to his local police - they will be interested to hear he is back at it. Let me know if you want their details

·
Registered
44 Posts
Re: Old Scammer With A New Handle - William Likens aka redbird33 aka WLikens32 - BEWARE

So he is back active his is. I suggest that you report him to his local police - they will be interested to hear he is back at it. Let me know if you want their details
Dear Barry,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, he is definitely back and using another handle. I hope that this alert is enough for others to be warned. I will also chime in on the thread you created in the other forum. This is the first time someone has scammed me in any watch forum. I guess I have to learn the hard way. Being from the Philippines, I do not have any contact with the local authorities. I would appreciate it if you can give me some references whom I can forward my complaint to.

Cheers!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Guys - just a heads up: this guy is at it again. Using his own name - and family members names, to scam others just like he did me. Seems like he has periods of activity then lets the dust settle. Be warned - don't get caught like i did

·
Registered
357 Posts

jlikens190 trusted buyer/trader? want to make sure this isn't the gentlemen everyones talking about?!

·
Registered
2,076 Posts

jlikens190 trusted buyer/trader? want to make sure this isn't the gentlemen everyones talking about?!
Don't know if he's the same one the OP is talking about, but jlikens190 has only been a member since February 2014, and all 7 of his posts have been in the trade forum; I wouldn't deal with him, but that's just me.

·
Registered
8,168 Posts

thank you for the head up. almost went with trade. now off.

·
Banned
417 Posts
Horrible trade with jlikens190 (William Likens, Jennifer Likens)

This person goes by the name of William Likens or Jennifer Likens (his wife?).

Made a deal to trade 2 of my watches for 2 of his watches.

We agreed to post our watches on the same day.

I sent my two watches, sent him tracking info, and he sent me a fake tracking number.

Next day, I get an email saying his wife sent the watches and gave him the wrong tracking number, and he provided me with another tracking number.

I got the package two days later with ONLY ONE watch (the cheaper one)!

I sent him an email, he says he works on a Shell oil rig, doesn't know what's going on, and asks me to send him the watch back and he'll send both of mine right.

I knew that if I sent his watch back, I'd never see mine again, so I pressed him to stick to the original gentleman's agreement we made.

The communication went dead, and a few days later, I receive one of my watches back (the cheaper one).

I've tried emailing him more than once, but he will not respond.

So now, he has my watch, which is worth twice what the watch he sent me is worth.

A search of his name did not reveal any negative comments two weeks ago, but today, I searched his username and found a negative feedback thread about him.

Long story short:

AVOID jlikens190. YOU WILL GET SCREWED BY HIM.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Re: Horrible trade with jlikens190 (William Likens, Jennifer Likens)

Sorry man. The world filled with a-holes.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,480 Posts

·
Banned
417 Posts

When did you do the deal? There are already several threads warning about this person.

https://www.watchuseek.com/f63/old-...ka-redbird33-aka-wlikens32-beware-861386.html

https://www.watchuseek.com/f63/william-likens-wlikens32-just-stole-my-watch-734960.html

I also recall another thread just a few weeks back in which someone said they had a bad encounter with him.
A couple of weeks ago.

He was using his wife's name, Jennifer, when I did the deal with him.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts

Trading is about as secure a transaction as wiring money into a bank account-you have little or no recourse if things go wrong. I don't get it. Why would anyone take such a leap of faith with someone who lacks a solid reputation on these forums?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts