WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, it is a Franken. But, I bought it for resale since I have customers who appreciate this style of watch. Anyone know where I can get a winding stem for this movement? Thank you.

WX.jpg WY.jpg

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Elenwatch2013 on eBay sells it
Thanks. There is also a lady in Munich whose shop sell spares. Bought something from her several years ago but no longer have her contact. Can someone provide her contact info?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am in the process of trying to get a crown stem for this watch. Realize that if I get the stem and install it, I still may have a problem. If I shake the watch it runs for a while and stops. Is this a serious problem, what causes it, how to fix it? Thank you.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like it just needs a service, but hard to know beyond that.
Yes, it may need a service. Checked with my local watchmaker, and he wants $65.00 just to look at the watch! I got this watch very cheap and for resale. So, must give up looking for a crown stem, which would cost $11.00! Too much to invest for a Franken watch. Will put it on eBay.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What happens if you manually wind the spring via the gear? it might just not run because of of an unwound spring.
How do you do this? What gear? Do you have an illustration. OK, say it runs, how do I remove the broken threaded part of the stem? Not sure if you can see from my photo, but the space where there should be a release for the crown stem there is a screw! I don't mind "playing" around with the movement, but I do not know what to do at this point. I did watch a video on the disassembly of the 3602 that may help.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

try to turn it gently, make sure the ratchet wheel clicks. Perhaps you need to remove the gear on the left of it. that screw is marked with 3 slots. Turn opposite way as normal so right turn to unscrew. When wound a couple of turns, nudge the balance to see if it starts. *notice this is not professional advice but rather a butchers trial and error.

If that works and the watch starts ticking, spend the $11 on the stem. Start the disassembly video, loosen the stem holding screw. shake to try to get the remaining stem out. If that fails follow the video to disassemble the stem area and remove piece by hand. Place back and insert new stem and crown. tighten the stem screw to avoid it falling out. As long as you leave the balance alone, you should be able to do it yourself!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

try to turn it gently, make sure the ratchet wheel clicks. Perhaps you need to remove the gear on the left of it. that screw is marked with 3 slots. Turn opposite way as normal so right turn to unscrew. When wound a couple of turns, nudge the balance to see if it starts. *notice this is not professional advice but rather a butchers trial and error.

If that works and the watch starts ticking, spend the $11 on the stem. Start the disassembly video, loosen the stem holding screw. shake to try to get the remaining stem out. If that fails follow the video to disassemble the stem area and remove piece by hand. Place back and insert new stem and crown. tighten the stem screw to avoid it falling out. As long as you leave the balance alone, you should be able to do it yourself!
Thanks for your reply. I tried to shake out the broken off stem as suggested, but it would not come out. Even with the video I don't think I want to take the watch apart. I don't have the tools or the skills to do it. Under the circumstances will try to sell the watch to someone who can get it working or use it for parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts