WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually wind my Speedy 3570.50 each morning - every 24 hours. However, upon allowing the watch to wind-down in order to see how long it'll operate...I'm getting only 37.5 hours before it putters out. I understand that it's 48-hours that I should be getting out of a full wind. What could be the issue? When I do wind daily, I get 16 winds before the winder won't go any further. The watch is a little over 2 years old. Could I have a bad main spring? On a practical level, I don't mind so much, as I do wind each morning. But, I still wish the watch would hold for the full 48-hours advertised. Any advice would be appreciated...:-s

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Eric. Haven't had it looked at as yet. It's operating fine on a day-to-day basis, so the situation is not dire. I am a bit concerned about the
possibility of facing a large expense to have it inspected and repaired, though. :roll:

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
If you're happy enough with it as is currently, I'd just have it looked at during it's first service.

·
Registered
165 Posts
i for one have noticed my speedy runs out on me a lot, but am i winding it enough?

im allways a bit scared of going to far on the wind.

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
i for one have noticed my speedy runs out on me a lot, but am i winding it enough?

im allways a bit scared of going to far on the wind.
You cannot overwind your Speedy. When it's fully wound, the crown will just stop turning.

eric

1 - 7 of 7 Posts