WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I were invited to go watch the Steelers/Patriots debacle last night at the Palazzo. We hardly go the strip, so decided to do some window shopping after the game in the Canal shops which have AD's for many luxury brands. I'm currently interested in something stainless with a blue dial(much like many people, apparently). My plan is a new Overseas chrono with blue dial.

Anyhow, we started with a visit to the store that sells Glashutte Originals. I wanted to see the Seventies Panorama blue dial on bracelet in person. They only had two seventies--silver dials on leather straps. They had a good selection of senators and panos. The Panomatic Lunar in grey and blue are both real beauties in person. This store is also the AD for Grand Seiko which they had a nice selection of. They had 1 of 500 of a new GS diver which was a nice looking watch.

Next, downstairs to the store that carries VC. They had one Overseas dual time silver dial & that was it for Overseas. They had a few from each of the other collections. We were there about six months ago and this location had probably a dozen or so just in the Overseas collection with all the dial colors in chrono and three-hand. This location also carries A Lange, so we took a quick look at those. They had a fairly large selection of most models including the Lange 1 which is really beautiful in person.

On the way out, we passed the AP boutique, so made a quick stop there. They had nothing in the way of the traditional looking men's RO or ROO. Mostly small (37mm?) with diamond bezels, and a pre-owned piece on consignment that was supposedly owned by JZ. I asked the doorman how often they received the blue dial RO's. He told me they were a unicorn, and the store hadn't received one in 5-6 years.

This is just FYI for anyone interested. The stores in the canal shops are very nicely kept, carry a variety of brands, and are close together. You can do a lot of looking in a short period of time. We probably spent 20 minutes total.

·
Premium Member
9,463 Posts
Window shopping in Vegas is always great fun.

Actually BUYING might be a different matter...altho on an item at this level? Maybe not so bad as on lower-tier stuff. Not like any VC boutique is gonna be at an outlet mall. :)

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
My wife and I were invited to go watch the Steelers/Patriots debacle last night at the Palazzo. We hardly go the strip, so decided to do some window shopping after the game in the Canal shops which have AD's for many luxury brands. I'm currently interested in something stainless with a blue dial(much like many people, apparently). My plan is a new Overseas chrono with blue dial.

Anyhow, we started with a visit to the store that sells Glashutte Originals. I wanted to see the Seventies Panorama blue dial on bracelet in person. They only had two seventies--silver dials on leather straps. They had a good selection of senators and panos. The Panomatic Lunar in grey and blue are both real beauties in person. This store is also the AD for Grand Seiko which they had a nice selection of. They had 1 of 500 of a new GS diver which was a nice looking watch.

Next, downstairs to the store that carries VC. They had one Overseas dual time silver dial & that was it for Overseas. They had a few from each of the other collections. We were there about six months ago and this location had probably a dozen or so just in the Overseas collection with all the dial colors in chrono and three-hand. This location also carries A Lange, so we took a quick look at those. They had a fairly large selection of most models including the Lange 1 which is really beautiful in person.

On the way out, we passed the AP boutique, so made a quick stop there. They had nothing in the way of the traditional looking men's RO or ROO. Mostly small (37mm?) with diamond bezels, and a pre-owned piece on consignment that was supposedly owned by JZ. I asked the doorman how often they received the blue dial RO's. He told me they were a unicorn, and the store hadn't received one in 5-6 years.

This is just FYI for anyone interested. The stores in the canal shops are very nicely kept, carry a variety of brands, and are close together. You can do a lot of looking in a short period of time. We probably spent 20 minutes total.
The Overseas has become a hot model. If you want one now, usually have to be ordered and discounts are becoming a thing of the past.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Was there a few months ago for work related stuff and naturally ended up checking a few things out too. Would never buy down there but a great way to check out watches for sure.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Not surprised by the lack of Overseas watches. I agree window shopping is always a fun experience.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Wife, sister and brother in law and I were in Vegas this past weekend. Alcohol and window shopping do not go together! Went to the Watch Boutiques at Caesars and Venetian. I have never encountered so many high ends brands in one area. There was A. Lange and Soehne - which I have only seen once - wow! The four of us ended up in the Blancpain store and struck up a conversation with the manager as he noticed my 50 fathoms. By the end of the day we had purchased 4 Blancpain watches. As much as I would like to get a VC or A. Lange & Soehne or PP or Brequet, I can't quite afford one. I do like the Blancpain designs, simplicity of the dial and workmanship. We were all happy with our purchases.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alcohol and window shopping do not go together!
By the end of the day we had purchased 4 Blancpain watches.
We were all happy with our purchases.
Sounds like alcohol and window shopping do go pretty well together...

Glad you enjoyed it and congratulations on your purchases!!

Reactions: Timinwa
1 - 12 of 12 Posts