WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Congratulations to...

guan,

whose lucky guess of 198 was closest to the number I chose, 205. I sent a PM and am awaiting a response.

Thank you to everyone who posted. :) I am thrilled with the response this giveaway received. Your pictures make this a truly beautiful thread, and I appreciate your good wishes and kind comments. And a BIG Thank You to AlbertaTime for all of his assistance. :-!

(end edit)

September 2010 is not only when I started posting here at WUS, but also when I started collecting Vintage Chinese mechanical watches. I have been very fortunate to amass a sizeable collection in a short time. So, as a way to share my good fortune and to thank everyone here for the countless hours of education and entertainment you've provided here at WUS, it's my first giveaway. :)

First the rules, blatantly and shamelessly stolen from AlbertaTime (I tried to think of another method, but this seems to be the most fair and open)

1) One entry per member.

2) You have 8 days, 8 hours and 8 minutes from time I posted this to submit an entry. I will announce the name of the winner in this thread.

3) CMW Forum Moderator AlbertaTime (Ron) is in possession of a number I sent him. The number is between 1 and 888.

The winner is the person who guesses closest to the number that Ron is holding. In case of a tie (unlikely but possible) the first closest entry wins.

4) All entries must be posted in this thread.

5) There will only be a maximum of 888 entries accepted.

6) To make the thread beautiful, I'd love it if folks who have a Chinese mechanical watch (or a few) would post their favourite Chinese watch along with their entry.

7) An entry without an accompanying photo is still a valid entry!!!

8) The prize will be sent to the winner at my expense but probably not by the most expensive and fastest method - Any duty/taxes etc is the responsibility of the winner but the package will be clearly marked as "gift".

8) The prize has been tested by me and is in very good working order, but given the vagaries of international shipping and of vintage watches, I cannot guarantee it will land in that shape. It is, however, free so complaints will be laughed at :-d

10) The prize is:

This Bao Xuan, made in Jieyang:

Bao Xuan brand watches aren't difficult to find, but to get one in good condition presents more of a challenge. I didn't open it, but it should have a 17 jewel upgrade of the reliable SN-2 movement, like the one in this picture:

If the winner wishes, I will send it on an inexpensive strap.

Thank you and good luck everyone! :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Re: 888th post GIVEAWAY!!!

Hi saskwatch! b-)

Congratz on your 888 post :-d !

My entry number will be 512.

Here is currently my favorite chinese made watch... the Perpetual Chrono C-06:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Measuring instrument

Reactions: serdal23

·
Registered
4,468 Posts

Count me in at the number 8.

I don't actually have any Chinese mechanicals yet... so I'll just post a pic of my current favorite watch (German/Swiss) just to add some nice Watch .... to the thread:)

Thanks so much for doing this, these add so much to the community here at WUS.

By the way, my first born son was born on 8/8/08 and weighed 8lbs 8oz. So the number 8 is of significance and luck for me. Good luck to everyone!

-Max

Reactions: serdal23

·
Registered
1,598 Posts

My entry number is 444, unlucky in Chinese but perhaps lucky for me :)
A current CMW on my wrist is the M172s bought last week in Hong Kong.
Sea Gull M171s, Sea Gull M199s, Sea Gull US WUYI LE #151 and Seagull 55th Aniversary on the way from Kevin at USSeagull at the time of writing this post.

Good luck to all.

Wessa

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,352 Posts

Jon, it's a true pleasure having you here in the Chinese Mechanical Watch forum. Your posts are wonderfully researched and written, your photos are clear and attractive, and your collection is truly world class :-!.

We're all very fortunate you're here. The Bao Xuan is a great watch to own, very generous of you.

This post is obviously not an entry, I'm just taking the opportunity to give credit where credit is due to Jon...and to post a photo of what is still and always my favourite Chinese watch: my Taihang "for military / 军用" that I received in the very first package of vintage Chinese mechanicals (VCMs) I ever received...

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

...and that quite literally changed my life, leading me to one day visit wonderful China, and to meet (the seller) my brother Ma Rong (Cameron Ma) in Shijiazhuang. (As Cameron wrote (and it's true): 我们一定能够成为永远的好朋友 / we'll be good friends forever).

Ear Fun Adaptation Hand Child

...and I'm wearing a Taihang in the photo.

·
Registered
472 Posts

Going in on this. My number is 512!

My only Chinese watch is an alpha and I don't have any pictures on hand. I do plan on posting one when I get home. Also it's in need of repairs which I will try to do myself...

·
Registered
273 Posts

I like so much my chinese waches that I don't really know wich one to prefer ! Here's my collection (sorry for the crappy pictures) :

From left to right : Shanghai Tang Scuba Class Diver, Seagull D100, sterile GMT M2 hommage, Seagull M306S, Seagull 8169.310, and Dixmont Guangzhou Explorer II.

My number is 74 !

1 - 20 of 124 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.