WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love the leather strap that came with my Tsao Baltimore..

However, that last loop keep me busy all day as it kept wandering off its useful position. Well, I finally decided to do something about it. I crazy glued it in place.

Yes, I might have overdone it a bit, but I don't care. I'm a happy camper now.

Whuaaaaaaa, ja ja. :-D

·
Registered
492 Posts
Re: Winning the fight against the errand strap loop

Man I hate wandering loop. Why didn't I think of this?? :D

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I had this problem too--I purchased the shorter strap for my Archimede Pilot due to my dainty wrists. The problem was that the loose loop barely fit over the tail-end of the strap. So I adopted a more extreme approach than you--I cut it off.

Archimede strap.jpg

·
Premium Member
36,232 Posts
Krazy glue and silicone, two of God's greatest creations for strap repair....

Nice job.

Enjoy your watch. Very sharp.

·
Premium Member
71,325 Posts
One of my watches (can’t recall which one) has a little cord on the mobile keeper to stop it straying too near the head.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One of my watches (can’t recall which one) has a little cord on the mobile keeper to stop it straying too near the head.
It would be nice if you could show us. If it works, this should be more widespread.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Two pages in 6 hours. It's obviously a problem and any strap maker who solves it is going to corner the market. For me, I search out straps with a single, wider keeper that is locked in place or remove the loose keeper.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I’ve never liked any floating keeper. Now I only order short versions of straps and delete the floating keeper entirely. Only the one fixed keeper for me.

·
Banned
1,225 Posts
Two pages in 6 hours. It's obviously a problem and any strap maker who solves it is going to corner the market. For me, I search out straps with a single, wider keeper that is locked in place or remove the loose keeper.
I wonder whether the strap's first, its design or activity causes th keeper to travel. IDK. I think some strap makers have solved the problem, for the wandering keeper phenomenon apparently occurs with some straps or strap types/makes or users and not others.

I haven't encountered this issue with any of my strap-mounted watches, all of which have stock straps.
- Ball Hydrocarbon (rubber) - This strap has two unsecured keepers.
- Cartier Tank Louis (gator)
- Bremont S501 (leather)
- Seiko Alpinist (leather)

I've been wearing the S501 for the past 4 hours or so. In that time, I jumped rope, lifted weights, started a load of laundry, showered, prepared and ate two meals, and now I'm relaxing and periodically grooming my cats. I wore the watch nonstop the whole time.

Were my keepers to wander, their doing so would mildly peeve me.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Di-Modell's Rallye strap has a tethered keeper, which is great for keeping the 2nd keeper in place. I don't know if their other straps have this.
Di-Modell rallye tethered keeper 01a.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts