WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
Cool background. Is that dandruff on your sleeve?

82 here today......

·
Registered
8,635 Posts
No. I just don't wear leather if I know it's going to get wet.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I never wear a metal bracelet, as nice as they may look. I usually put all my watches on either a leather strap or a nato/zulu. Sometimes I do both and use a leather zulu. If I know I'll be swimming then I'll make sure my watch is on nylon, but if it's just some rain or snow, then I don't worry about the leather. Most of my leather straps I make anyway, so I don't feel too bad if they wear out quicker than they should; since they don't cost me too much to replace, even if made with chromexcel.
Watch Analog watch Photograph White Light

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Spring in my part of the world (South America) although Winter is staging a late fightback at the moment. Nope, don't swap out straps or bracelets based on seasons although I will go for a bracelet and good water resistance when we get hit by tropical storms.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
That's odd, since the autumnal equinox in the northern hemisphere was just 20 days ago. Pretty sure it's still fall here in the States.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I'm a 95%-of-the-time bracelet-guy. I am a leather freak (bring on the jokes) so I do like leather watch bands but unless I tighten them to the point of too much, most of them put my watch off center on my wrist and it drives me crazy.
I wear bracelets in winter. I use leather for other activities.....:)

·
Registered
36,582 Posts
Autumn for me.

Dont change the watch bracelet or strap for any reason other than a change of look, seasons don’t alter anything.

·
Premium Member
3,513 Posts
Bracelets year-round except for watches that have nice rubber. Then those go on during the hot season.

·
Premium Member
Rolex YG Sub, MG Green/Black, DSSD JC, SD43 Mk I, PAM176, 1305, Omega PP, SeaMaster300, MoonPhase
1,613 Posts
Yeah, we get plenty of cold winter here, but I don't get out much, with only 1 leg. And I have enough watches on bracelets or straps so no changing is needed.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
We get four full seasons, it's now fall here. I do not have seasonal strategy with straps and bracelets.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Most of my watches with bracelets end up on a dive or fabric strap for the summer as i’m in the water a lot. I’m fine with bracelets in the winter.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I usually switch to leather in the colder months because my wrist circumference seems to fluctuate more, so it's easy to just move the buckle to a different hole depending on that.

Since they expanded daylight time (when was that, 2008? can't remember...) by two months, normally I use the clock change as my indicator to switch from bracelet to leather. This year I jumped on it a few weeks early though.

So that means I'm about 7.5 months with bracelet, 4.5 months with leather.

The only exception to this is I don't put leather on divers. It just looks wrong to me. Those stay on bracelets year round.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts