WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Steel goes on at Memorial Day and comes back off at Labor Day.

For you foreigners, that means steel in summer only.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
I'm in Houston and it's still in the 80s so nowhere close to winter here. But when it does get to winter I switch to leather or nato straps cause I'm afraid of the cold metallic touch.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Wow, that's a lot of snow. Are you in the Rockies?

I do swap bracelets for straps in the cooler months. My Speedmaster Pro will change its outfit in a couple of weeks.

Good guess, hit the nail on the head
We always seem to have about a month of fall and then get hit with a lot of snow, so “fall” feels like a pretty short season up here

·
Premium Member
Silicone Valley, California
3,795 Posts
I own zero !bracelets.

So I guess it's no question.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I wear bracelets year round, but I'm starting to experiment a little with leather and some rubber.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I wear bracelets most of the time snow or not.

·
Premium Member
10,100 Posts
No, I don't do a certain type of strap or bracelet for each of the four seasons. If I do take the bracelet off my Oris, it will be because I feel the need for a change or different look and not because it is minus celsius out.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Nah. I have two on leather that I wear more in the winter. Then in the summer the bracelet watches get more action. I usually prefer the watch on either bracelet or leather and don’t like the look of the other option

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I never change due to season but I never really changed from a bracelet anyway. Just in the last month or so have I bought a bunch of leather and canvas to switch things up. Been fun

·
Registered
315 Posts
I was never much for bracelets... except for my diver, which came on one that was actually nice. So I do switch by season, but it's not leather <-> bracelet, it's leather <-> NATO.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I generally wear perlon and single pass NATO in spring and summer, swapping to two-piece leather in autumn and winter. For whatever reason, steel bracelets never seem to stay on my watches unless they're integrated. It didn't matter what the watch was, $300 Seiko or $3000 Omega, the same pattern held.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I gravitate towards more colourful canvas and rubber straps in summer and more leather in colder seasons. I do like a brown leather strap in autumn and winter when i find myself wearing brown leather shoes/boots a lot these days.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts