WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some watch related activities that you still have not done yet. Where are you still a watch virgin?

For me it is the following:
- Still haven't bought a used watch.
- I have never participated in a trade.
- I have never owned a mechanical chronograph.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Never purchased a watch above $11K
Never owned a Tourbillon
Never owned a Minute Repeater

I am struggling beyond that...this thread actually got me thinking, and it's really hard for me to come up with something watch related that I haven't done yet, other than things that are likely not going to happen.

·
Registered
547 Posts
2 out of your 3. I have not yet purchased a used watch or made a watch trade. I have also never purchased a watch in excess of $5k-ish, but I'll be getting a Sub-C, so that limit will be lifted a bit. I have never had a true moonphase watch (or ETA 7751 movement), but aim to soon.

·
Registered
6,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some good ones brought up that are also on my list:

- Never modded.
- Never had a watch serviced yet.
- Never been to a WUS GTG.

Reactions: LifeTrekker

·
Registered
103 Posts
Never owned an alligator/crocodile strap.

Reactions: pantagruel

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Man, considering what others haven't done, I've been around.

But I haven't made my own straps from leather I've tanned myself.

I haven't used my watches on a bracelet as brass knuckles in a fight.

I haven't had to pawn my watch or use it as collateral to escape corrupt police and government officials in a Banana Republic.

I haven't had a woman throw herself at me because of the watch I'm wearing. They usually throw themselves at me due to my potent natural musk.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I have never bought a watch over 225USD.-Never participated in a trade.-Whats a minute repeater?
Minute Repeaters are mechanical watches that have built in chimes to tell the time audibly. When you start the minute repeater mechanism, they will chime with three sets of tones, one for hours, one for quarter hours, and one for minutes past the quarter hour. They usually cost tens or HUNDREDS of thousands of dollars.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts