WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
2181 - 2200 of 2225 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,472 Posts
Thinking of buying my son this classic, Seiko diver (solar). Seriously how fantastic is that case.

And this guy cannot be beat on prices.

Local Sydney company. Even has some JDM models. I've bought from him before. Great service. (No. I'm not affiliated with them).
I think he has a sale going on at the moment. However, do check out those chain retailers like Angus & Coote or Mazzuchellis as they are having a 50% discount sale. I saw a King Samurai that I was eyeing for 50% off!

·
Premium Member
10,577 Posts
I think he has a sale going on at the moment. However, do check out those chain retailers like Angus & Coote or Mazzuchellis as they are having a 50% discount sale. I saw a King Samurai that I was eyeing for 50% off!
Apparently he will beat any advertised price. I haven't tried it yet.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
$410 on a rubber strap is a good deal and about what that Seiko is worth.
I remember when these solar divers first came out earlier last year and I said they were way too expensive and that potential buyers should wait 6-12 months until they were inevitably discounted to below $450. Looks like that time has come. Once a Seiko receives that initial deep discount from RRP, they rarely get discounted more than that (so now's the time to buy, before inventory runs out in the next 12 or so months and they move onto new models).

But I would recommend going to a local jeweler first to check their prices (unless you are close to the Starbuys showroom in inner-Sydney). The main advantage is that you can actually inspect the watch in person before purchase, because with Seiko, you need to be able to perform that personal QA to ensure everything is aligned. You can't give Seiko the benefit of the doubt.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Thinking of buying my son this classic, Seiko diver (solar). Seriously how fantastic is that case.

And this guy cannot be beat on prices.

Local Sydney company. Even has some JDM models. I've bought from him before. Great service. (No. I'm not affiliated with them).
Yes, I have bought a few from him over the years. He replaced Seiya, Higuchi and Chino for my Japanese purchases.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I’ve bought a few watches from Deepak at Starbuy. Great service and you can message him for a deal. Shipping is always express and free.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I’ve bought a few watches from Deepak at Starbuy. Great service and you can message him for a deal. Shipping is always express and free.
Yep, Starbuy have some really good prices by AU standards at times and whenever I have asked nicely, they have gone out of their way to ensure bezel insert, chapter ring and dial alignment on the Seiko divers I have bought from them were perfect.

·
Premium Member
35,472 Posts
So far Aramex is living up to my low expectations... Watch cleared customs 22 December and no update since... Email queries go unanswered. They are still pretty hopeless..
You have my sympathies…

They can change their name but they can’t change their poor service. The fundamental issue with Fastway and now Aramaic is the pathetic attitude of the courier drivers, the franchisees and the management of the whole business,

Product review when they were Fastway, 1.2 stars

Product review when they are now Aramax, still 1.2 stars…

What do staff think of Aramax as an employer?

Hopeless business.

·
Premium Member
35,472 Posts
Yep, Starbuy have some really good prices by AU standards at times and whenever I have asked nicely, they have gone out of their way to ensure bezel insert, chapter ring and dial alignment on the Seiko divers I have bought from them were perfect.
Yes and No. As with all purchases, it is all nice and dandy if it all goes well.

I have had an experience with Starbuy last year when the watch arrived DOA and he asked me to send it back for his inspection. As he already stamped the warranty card and all, he wanted me to get it repaired under warranty. I did not accept his offer to send it for repairs and in the end he agreed to replace the watch. However, I was out of pocket for the return shipping. Bought a Seiko King Samurai special edition at full price so I was a little salty about the experience. I could have bought a JDM edition at that price from Sakura.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Find myself constantly drawn to 2 brands - Longines being one (enjoy their design language
I’ve rather recently developed a real soft spot for Longines. I currently have a Bigeye Chrono but have been eyeing off one of their their Heritage sector dials.

Am contemplating a diver for my next watch, current leader is Tudor BB58
For the price, these are really, really hard to beat. If you are set on the navy, they don’t seem to be holding their value as well as the black so there are some really clean examples on the used market for up to 1k under AU retail for the bracelet version and you’ll still be getting maybe 4 years warranty left.

·
Premium Member
35,472 Posts
Not great. Under Australian Consumer Law you are entitled to reasonable reimbursement for return postage for online purchases If they are determined to be faulty.
Thanks for the heads up. So far, only bigger firms have ever given me a special reply paid label to print and send via AusPost. I wasn’t going to bicker with him over $20 as he originally started with “the watch was perfect when we sent it”. It took a few emails and he eventually realised what was wrong and agreed to replace it. Hence why I said earlier that the customer service is good as long as all is good and dandy. The real test is how they respond to an issue.

If he had offered to pay for the postage or even given me a voucher code / credit for the next purchase, I would been won over and would be shouting high praise from the mountain top. So far, nah dah. Last purchase from me. Shame really, as I have bought four (or five? ) watches from him over the last few years.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Yes and No. As with all purchases, it is all nice and dandy if it all goes well.

I have had an experience with Starbuy last year when the watch arrived DOA and he asked me to send it back for his inspection. As he already stamped the warranty card and all, he wanted me to get it repaired under warranty. I did not accept his offer to send it for repairs and in the end he agreed to replace the watch. However, I was out of pocket for the return shipping. Bought a Seiko King Samurai special edition at full price so I was a little salty about the experience. I could have bought a JDM edition at that price from Sakura.
I had a similar issue with a Seiko diver that stopped working on the first day. I returned it but he never acknowledged what was wrong with it. He didn't pursue me to get it fixed though.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Guys, I sold a watch to an Aussie from Brunswick through another site. I shipped it through FedEx. The watch for some reason, I'm guessing it is because he wasn't home when delivery was attempted, is available for pickup. They say they will hold it for 5 days. I have tried to contact the buyer several times, both through email and through the site we originally made contact. I have not gotten a response and I am getting a bit worried. I hope he is OK. I also wonder what will happen to the watch after the 5 days are over. Does anyone know?

·
Premium Member
35,472 Posts
Guys, I sold a watch to an Aussie from Brunswick through another site. I shipped it through FedEx. The watch for some reason, I'm guessing it is because he wasn't home when delivery was attempted, is available for pickup. They say they will hold it for 5 days. I have tried to contact the buyer several times, both through email and through the site we originally made contact. I have not gotten a response and I am getting a bit worried. I hope he is OK. I also wonder what will happen to the watch after the 5 days are over. Does anyone know?
Return to sender, subject to their terms and conditions in clause 16.2

·
Registered
Lately: Omega Seamaster Professional Divers 300
4,674 Posts
So far Aramex is living up to my low expectations... Watch cleared customs 22 December and no update since... Email queries go unanswered. They are still pretty hopeless..
Given today's environment and pandemic impacts, as well as my own experience over the last two years I'd say that had more to do with Auspost than the shipper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Hopefully the buyer is ok. My non-watch liking friend turned up today with his Pepsi turtle and an SKX007 and asked me to sell them for him. I told him I can't do anything until after my back surgery.

2181 - 2200 of 2225 Posts